niko

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Dash Cam
Street Guardian UK / EU / EEA Distributor
Hi everybody.
I have put together a collection of RAW Video files from DOD LS300W dash camera.
There are about 60 files from different times ( day, night, rainy day, sunny day, pitch dark, cloudy, city, highway, car park etc. )
All recorded at 1080p / 30fps. It had very first firmware.
Some time car windscreen was not perfectly clean and whole outside glass surface has some light scratches, as it can be in normal everyday use car, so no fancy editing or recording in perfect environment like most manufacturers like to do with their presentation "perfect" video clips. What you will see is what you will get in real world.

You will be able to download them from webfile.ru file sharing website via direct link from Excel Document ( check attachment below )

To download the file just click on "Скачать файл"

If anybody has also RAW video files, then please add them in this thread.

NB! Please NO YouTube VIDEO FILES here ! ONLY RAW FILES !
Purpose of this thread was to deliver true video files not compressed YouTube. ( thank you for understanding )

Hope those RAW video files will help you to make up your mind regarding this product range ( DOD LS300W / GT300W, GT350W / GT450W )

Attachments

• DOD LS300W RAW Video Files.xls
    106.5 KB · Views: 98
  • DOD LS300W RAW Video Files.jpg
    DOD LS300W RAW Video Files.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 502
  • Download file.jpg
    Download file.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 502
Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Collection of RAW video files LS300W / GT300W / GT350W

Here, in my post-reply I will try to add all above files one by one when will get time. Too much work now for 60 files copy and paste. Thank you for understanding.

thanks for share :mrgreen:

GeorgesNJR said:
thanks for share :mrgreen:

You are welcome.

niko said:
Hi everybody.
I have put together a collection of RAW Video files from DOD LS300W dash camera.
There are about 60 files from different times ( day, night, rainy day, sunny day, pitch dark, cloudy, city, highway, car park etc. )
Some time car windscreen was not perfectly clean and whole outside glass surface has some light scratches, as it can be in normal everyday use car, so no fancy editing or recording in perfect environment like most manufacturers like to do with their presentation "perfect" video clips. What you will see is what you will get in real world.

You will be able to download them from webfile.ru file sharing website via direct link from Excel Document ( check attachment below )

Purpose of this thread was to deliver true video files not compressed YouTube. ( thank you for understanding )

Hope those RAW video files will help you to make up your mind regarding this product range ( DOD LS300W / GT300W, GT350W / GT450W )

Niko, you who know about these things, because the video of your list, "Dod LS300W Night2 City (4). MOV" noise is very noticeable or very pixelated image, is this normal? the problem is the dirt full windshield or car dashboard reflex? you say about it. greetings.

goku said:
niko said:
Hi everybody.

Niko, you who know about these things, because the video of your list, "Dod LS300W Night2 City (4). MOV" noise is very noticeable or very pixelated image, is this normal? the problem is the dirt full windshield or car dashboard reflex? you say about it. greetings.

Yes, you guess right.
As I mentioned in my first post :

If I would not forget to clean windshield and / or had it perfect brand new, without sand / dirt "damages", then you would see much better result. There are also many other factors that affect video ( light, rain, fog, and so on ), so do not take from one video. You have to go trough many videos made at different time, different light conditions etc.

I watched that video again and there is nothing wrong from dash camera side. "Pixeleration" you were thinking is from light reflection of the windows small rainy drops.

niko said:
I watched that video again and there is nothing wrong from dash camera side. "Pixeleration" you were thinking is from light reflection of the windows small rainy drops.

Niko thank you very much, and made ​​downloading multiple video files of the LS300w AND GT300w, as you say, conditions are not the best, it shows a slight gain in LS300w in my player the GT350w will 12.39Mbps and LS300W 16.5Mbps. remarkable. not know much about these things but these numbers indicate something else. I may lean towards the new GT550w, you know about it? GPS is optional? or just a number but the line GTXXXw successor? greetings Niko.

Re: Collection of RAW video files LS300W GT300W GT350W GT450

Use VLC player or RegistratorViewer to watch files.
The higher the bit-rate, the more crisp picture. Average for most NT96650 based CPU is 15Mbps.
Still need to confirm with FowOffer if the GT550W they sell at the moment can be used with an external GPS antenna if purchase it later on, or "next" GT550W ( GPS ) will be a separate product ?

You are welcome,

As per my tests, I found out that even dash cameras might have same specs ( NT96650 CPU, AR0330 CMOS, 5-6G lens, Aperture 1.6-1.8 and son one ), there is still can be difference in performance due to maybe firmware adjustments.

Some real life comparisons from LS300W vs GT450W. Look other thread below and fine videos there:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1875&start=30

You will see that night video recording is the same on both, but day time GT450W performs slightly better, but as I mentioned before, - it might be because of GT450W having slightly newer and improved firmware.

Also I was suprised when testing LS300W vs GT350W at night
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1489&start=70

Despite LS300W has 15Mbps vs GT350W 12Mbps and some rumours that GT350W has 4G lens instead of 6G lens ( LS300W ), when I tested them at night, I could see that GT350W performed slightly better giving more details of the object at the background. Yes, there was slightly more noise on GT350W ( very little more noise compare to LS300W ), but at least sensitivity of the background objects was better.

So there is it is very hard to judge dash cameras by their "on-the-paper" specs ( some time cheaper can outperform more expensive ones ) and also not always can make a difference and final fair judgement if testing one dash camera individually without having any other dash cameras side by side.
So it's all about test and try.

yeah, I think so.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T GT300W 23
Back