Color Shift In The DR900S

SteveFL

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S-2CH, DR650S-2CH, DR750LW-2CH
Admittedly, I like my new DR900S but as I was told, the front camera that records in 4K does have a slight "coldness" in the image. I have seen some recordings with a slight blueish hue and some with a greenish hue. The rear camera, recording at 1080 doe not have this color shift.

Does anyone know if this is going to be address in future updates possibly or is it just going to be something that I am going to have to get used to?

They will attempt to fix that with the next version DR1000F if the past is any indication. They build.. we test.. they build an new model.. increase the price and we buy and so it goes..

They will attempt to fix that with the next version DR1000F if the past is any indication. They build.. we test.. they build an new model.. increase the price and we buy and so it goes..
That might not be the case, they could call it the DR950 [emoji14]

Oddly I found putting a CPL Filter warms up the tones of the image not sure why but it does. 1st without filter 2nd with filter.

Images from the replacement camera much better then the previous faulty 900s regarding sharpness in the foreground and right hand side.:)

Attachments

• 20180529_033832_2NF.jpg
    20180529_033832_2NF.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180529_033832_1NF.jpg
    20180529_033832_1NF.jpg
    416.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Oddly I found putting a CPL Filter warms up the tones of the image not sure why but it does. 1st without filter 2nd with filter.

Images from the replacement camera much better then the previous faulty 900s regarding sharpness in the foreground and right hand side.:)

What amazes me is how that lady looks to be in the exact same position after the time it took you to put on the CPL filter and take a new picture.

CPL filters sometimes have a warming effect, rather than being completely neutral. You also have better contrast since the reflected bright highlights are reduced.

What amazes me is how that lady looks to be in the exact same position after the time it took you to put on the CPL filter and take a new picture.
Nice catch.. perhaps it was a PhotoShop filter applied to the same picture.

Nice catch.. perhaps it was a PhotoShop filter applied to the same picture.
No photoshoping hahaha I think she was watering the garden! ( in the same spot for a long time) :giggle:

What CPL filter do you have?

Looking for BlackVue CPL filters not seeing much for US, I see blackboxmycar used to have them but on backorder.

Back