Combined window sucker and GPS mount for Viofo A119 v3

Privateer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
RoadHawk DC3 (x1), RoadHawk HD2 (x3)
I like to have the GPS connected to my V3 for date and time and also speed and location information. At the moment I can either have a GPS Mount stuck onto the window or a window sucker system without GPS. I would like to mount a V3 on my rear window and temporarily move it to another vehicle.

When I bought my v3 I emailed Viofo and asked them to develop a combined window sucker and GPS mount, they replied that they would look into it.

Does anybody from Viofo have an update on this? I'm sure that I'm not the only person to want a combined window sucker and GPS mount for the v3.

Regards,

I've not heard anything about that. Seems like it would be a very limited market. Why not just buy an additional GPS mount for your other car?

If you have 2 the same the brackets/camera will clip off.
Say you have it in the back window on the sticker bracket just slide it off and all you have left is a small bracket,they do do a sucker as I have one but don't like it and you would get a bit more glare as the camera is a bit away from the window.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

There are only 4mm, insignificant.

Sent using Tapatalk Pro

Dear All,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

I've not heard anything about that. Seems like it would be a very limited market. Why not just buy an additional GPS mount for your other car?
I would have hoped that anybody buying the window sucker mount would also at least like to have the option of using the GPS module for ensuring that the date and time are correct, if not for speed and location indication. :)

The reasons that I which to use a combined GPS/window-sucker mount are:
  1. Unlike the front dashcam, where I have an obvious location, the rearview dashcam could be in several rear-facing windows (it's a box-shaped 4x4 with a rear door that has a side window on either side) so I want to experiment with dashcam positioning.
  2. One of my vehicles has dark film tint in the rear window. Although the tint was professionally applied and has a lifetime guarantee I would prefer to just use a GPS/window-sucker instead of a more permanent solution to prevent damage to the tint.
  3. Another reason for using a combined GPS/window-sucker mount is when I'm using a hire or borrowed vehicle for an easy, quick, but above all temporary installation. Nowadays I prefer to drive with a fully functioning dashcam
Thanks, that looks an interesting alternative. Any idea how stable that would be with an A119 V3 attached to it?

Why not use a brodit mount?
Thanks, I have used Brodit mounts in the past, for SatNav PDA, PND, and phone mounting solutions. However, I have a roll of 3M Dual Lock (a little bit like velcro) which works well for easy removal of the front dashcam. But the 3M Dual Lock will still leave a piece on the window which I'd prefer not to do on the window tint nor a borrowed/hire vehicle.

Regards,

Thanks, that looks an interesting alternative. Any idea how stable that would be with an A119 V3 attached to it?
It's very stable. I use it for mounting various SG cameras in alternate vehicles (rentals, loaners, etc.) with no issues. As I said, it's not discrete but gets the job done as a short term solution.

Hi DT MI,

Many thanks for your reply.

It's very stable. I use it for mounting various SG cameras in alternate vehicles (rentals, loaners, etc.) with no issues. As I said, it's not discrete but gets the job done as a short term solution.

That item looks a very good solution for my needs. The less than discrete size is acceptable for the rearview dashcam in the 4x4 with dark window tint as you wouldn't probably see it unless you are two or three inches away from the glass. As long as it's stable then it will do the job! (y)

As for using it in hired or borrowed vehicles then I can live with its bulky size.

When my RoadHawk HD2 eventually dies, then I will get another A119 v3 for the rear of my daily driver and then use 3M Dual Lock to move the dashcams to my 4x4 and use the Arkon BT010 for the rear tinted window and for hired/borrowed vehicles.

By the way, would anybody from Viofo like to comment on whether they will be producing a combined window sucker and GPS mount solution for the A119 v3?

Regards,

By the way, would anybody from Viofo like to comment on whether they will be producing a combined window sucker and GPS mount solution for the A119 v3?

I realize this is an old thread, however I also would like to see some type of "combo" mount. For the most part you outlined the exact same reasons for such a mount that I had as well as some I had not considered-- such as driving a rental vehicle. In another thread I started here ("Question re. mounting a VIOFO A119 V3") I've learned a lot about the various options and considerations involved.

Unfortunately I don't see any signs that you've lit a fire under the Viofo folks. :(

Back