Coming Soon - LK-9370 Wifi and Touch Screen

Calgary Dash Camera - Robert

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Lukasdirect.com Street Guardian BulletHD Calgarydashcam.com
I am big on being first to market, and with that I would introduce two new Lukas cameras to the Dash Cam Talk community.

Come September Lukas will be launching a new "Black Box" dash camera that has a touch screen LCD and Wi - Fi LK -9170WD & the LK-9370WD.
The LK-9170 is been said to be only for domestic consumers while the LK-9370 will launch for international sale next month September.
The 9-70'x are essentially a LK-7950 & LK-9750 Hybrid. With all the same technical specs. "Both front and rear of 1920x1080p resolution FULL - HD picture quality and 135-degree wide viewing angle, captures the scene clearly, without distortion."

The main difference that I know of so far between the two is that the 9170 does not take a lens filter, while the 9370 does have a lens filter. Like its predecessors the 9370 comes with a UV lens filter.

I will also note that these two camera have a new slightly modified housing design. See the new silver rectangle. Personally I really like this look. The camera really looks sharp, and expensive.
I have always said the Lukas camera is more for a customer who wants to show off their high-tech expensive dash camera. However this new design will likely not be appreciated by the customer who wants stealth and to hide their dash camera from the outside world.

I will be ordering the 9370 as soon as possible, and want to give one of these out to a forum user to test.
Ill post more info when possible.

In the meantime I am eager to hear what everyone thinks about these new hybrid cameras!

*Updated images below*

Last edited:
OMG i just finished installed the 7950WD and this show up. Guess i have to use this untill that one come out the . :(

Sorry my Korean is a little rusty. Can someone translate it?

Sorry my Korean is a little rusty. Can someone translate it?
Do not worry, a english version is in the works!

OMG i just finished installed the 7950WD and this show up. Guess i have to use this untill that one come out the . :(
You could always gift your 7950 to a lucky friend or family member lol

DSC02833.JPG

DSC02802.JPG

Lots of new detailed pictures available at http://m.blog.naver.com/car_shops/220460105199

Lukas has set the $USD MSRP at 299.99
Assuming with a total 16GB of storage.

There is also a 'Gold' lk-9390 version that Lukas has failed to provide any details on.. But here is are some pictures.
Lukas-LK-9390-Front.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-frontside.jpeg

Lukas-LK-9390-Back.jpeg

I have more exciting news on the above Gold LK-9390.

Lukas has been working on integrating a Advanced Driver Assistance Systems in to their camera.
ADAS systems are featured in many new vehicles.
"Advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) are systems developed to automate/adapt/enhance vehicle systems for safety and better driving. Safety features are designed to avoid collisions and accidents by offering technologies that alert the driver to potential problems, or to avoid collisions by implementing safeguards and taking over control of the vehicle. Adaptive features may automate lighting, provide adaptive cruise control, automate braking, incorporate GPS/ traffic warnings, connect to smartphones, alert driver to other cars or dangers, keep the driver in the correct lane, or show what is in blind spots."

I have seen this feature on various Chinese camera since 2014 using the ambarella a7 chipset.. However as some of you may have experienced for yourself. The ADAS systems integrated into these dash camera has practically been a waste of time and money.

That being said, I did see one Korean company (sorry I can't seem to find their name at the moment) this last April at the Seoul Auto show demoing their ADAS software and camera system, and all though it wasn't perfect either. It was years ahead of anything I have seen out of China.
The point being, there is a good chance that with Korean knowledge and skills Lukas has developed a ADAS system worth using.
Though that is very much to be determined. As I touched on at the top of the post Lukas has been working on this for sometime. At least since late last year.
They previously referred to it in their company product line as the "LK-9900Zoom".

Today I would like to share this small bit of information I have been provided about the LK-9390,

LK-9390 AD :
2-channel FHD-FHD / 3.5" LCD screen / ADAS(Advanced driver assistance systems-LDWS, FCWS, FVSA)

If executed well, and functional. This could be a huge step forward for Lukas, and dash cameras. We have no ETA with the assumption that Lukas wants to get this right.
Once I get more info, I will start a new thread on this camera.

Back