Comparison of the SGGCX2PRO+ and the SG9663DCPRO

Yeah. Dashcams are nice to have, but best case scenario it is a waste of money and you will never need it.
No matter how you look at it or them if you have more is that it is not the end all weapon, they all still have their limitations, and even if your camera are in tip - top shape technically and do record when it have to, there are still the limitations in hardware used, and environmental concerns that can render any number of cameras useless.

The way i see it is some systems may carry a high price that's really not worth it, and then there is the myriad of cheap garbage that's really not worth it.
And somewhere in there you will find the camera that hopefully will be just right for you.

Personally i have been in the game for a long while now, and i have only used my cameras 4 times, two of those was really bad driving i reported to the police, one time i got rear ended but the perp took blame just fine, and then i witnessed a accident last summer from the first row, which was good as the driver left the scene of the accident "his" car and his passenger, but not before standing next to my car for a few minutes.
And as he was "one of the usual suspects" when the cops saw the footage on the police station a hour later ( on a proper sized PC screen ) they went " O that's Habib we better go pick him up now so he can give a blood sample"

So to really have a need for my cameras i have not had yet, but they have been good to have a few times, and i would not like to be without them.

not having a camera these days when driving feels like walking outside in public without clothes on.

My brain tells me that I'm OK without a dashcam but my heart won't let me do that. I'll follow what my heart says :love:

When you can get a decent reliable cam and card for $50 US, it just doesn't make sense to not have a dashcam. Even if the cam lasts only 2 years, that's just $0.50 per day which almost every driver can afford ;) Better but more expensive cams tend to last longer so the daily cost for those isn't much higher, which makes them a good value for those who can afford them. And in some places you get an insurance discount for having a dashcam which might even make having one a profitable investment (y)

Phil

So to really have a need for my cameras i have not had yet, but they have been good to have a few times, and i would not like to be without them.
Having a rear cam saved my bacon big time in a parking lot collision where someone backed into me and did way more damage to my car than to their bumper (naturally). Normally around here it would be called a “no-fault” accident because it’s in a parking lot, not a controlled intersection or a public road, so it’s usually “impossible to say” who’s at fault. But because I had the rear cam showing the reverse lights of the other guy coming on after I was already backing up, that documentation helped my insurance company declare it the other guy’s fault 100% and didn’t cost me anything to fix or show as a bad mark on my record.

Like most such things, anecdotes aren’t evidence, but a dash cam is basically insurance. You hope you never need it, but if you do you’re glad to have it.

So if you can’t see everything from every angle there no advantage to seeing anything from any angle?
No. What I meant to say is that there is a risk/reward to anything, and the reward for a rear dash cam doesn't seem high enough to me to motivate me to do the extra work. To each his own.

With the van I borrowed sometime back, all I had was a front cam. It would have been nice to have more but it wouldn't have been worth the effort.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RLS SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 4
Back