Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

Ahhhh, thank you for the link. For some reason my browser did not think that it was a link!

EDIT:Another reason why I could not find it, the title is listed as C1W-C, not G1W-C. :)

Thanks for attention. My bad.
Title changed for C1W-C to correct G1W-C.

Now a question. How come cameras did not use capacitors right from the get-go? Is it because the capacitors are more expensive than batteries? Or preliminary testing by manufacturers did not see problems supplying batteries that could explode due to summer heat?

Now a question. How come cameras did not use capacitors right from the get-go? Is it because the capacitors are more expensive than batteries? Or preliminary testing by manufacturers did not see problems supplying batteries that could explode due to summer heat?

even cheap capacitors are around 4 times the price of a battery, it all comes down to cost

For some people 5-10 usd price difference is huge ?, between same model with battery vs capacitor, but for educated person he does not mind paying more to get more. Thats why forums are good place to learn and educate. I learn a lot on daily bases from more wise guys here. Nobody born to know everything. By sharing info and experience - we all learn ;)

Hi Niko, thank you for your review. Got a question though; We get 90+ degree temperature here in summer. But I really like the wide angle lens on g1wh. Is it possible to buy g1wh and desolder the battery and get a capacitor and solder it in?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/261268025592

Am I understanding this right, we are able to remove the batteries from our G1W and solder in the above capacitors?
Or is something else required, such as different firmware?

Am I understanding this right, we are able to remove the batteries from our G1W and solder in the above capacitors?
Or is something else required, such as different firmware?

I am afraid something need to be done in FW in order to keep time and menu / options settings in the memory.
Sample from Mobius: With very first firmware ( v0.47 ) you could swap battery for capacitor, but it did not keep time and settings in the memory. WIth later FW versions it was possible.
Same should be with other dash-cameras as well.

You can buy separately wide FOV lens, there are many available on Aliexpress.

Good review!

I am afraid something need to be done in FW in order to keep time and menu / options settings in the memory.
Sample from Mobius: With very first firmware ( v0.47 ) you could swap battery for capacitor, but it did not keep time and settings in the memory. WIth later FW versions it was possible.
Same should be with other dash-cameras as well.

You can buy separately wide FOV lens, there are many available on Aliexpress.
Thanks.

Great review. I just ordered one yesterday from FoxOffer. Now the long wait until it gets here form Hongkong.

Great review. I just ordered one yesterday from FoxOffer. Now the long wait until it gets here form Hongkong.

Thanks.

Thanks to the great review by Niko (thank you), I decided to order the camera (from Foxoffer) and I just received it.
Added a Samsung Pro 64GB micro SDXC Class 10 70MB/s UHS-I Memory Card (from here), so for anyone interested, I can confirm it works fine.
I have a few questions and I hope someone more experienced than me can help.
  1. I can't seem to find a way to setup the date? Nowhere in the available menus can I find a way to do that. Any ideas? (probably this is related to question 6 below)
  2. If I do find a way to to that, how does the camera keep the date if it doesn't have a battery? Or do I have to set up the time/date every time it turns on?
  3. How can I find what version of firmware it is running? (probably this is again related to question 6 below)
  4. Been reading around this forum in the past and I remember seeing somewhere that these cameras have some "ideal" setting in regards to the recording time (2mins, 3mins, etc.). Does this camera have an "ideal" setting, or what I read doesn't apply here?
  5. I haven't used the camera just yet, except plugin it in a wall plug to see if it works or not. Will the screen stay on while it is recording, or does it turn off after a while (but still keeps recording)?
  6. I can't navigate to the settings menu. As seen in the photo below (it is from Niko's post), there is a Settings menu (the one with the wrench and the screwdriver). The index at the bottom bar indicates I must use the < or > button, but the camera doesn't have one! After you are done laughing your hearts out, could you please open my eyes, as I am sure it is something really simple but I am silly enough to not be able to find it?

g1w-c-3-jpg.2801
My apologies for the lengthy post

TIA

Navigation buttons are to the left of the screen. There are arrows on them. The ones to the right are marked as REC and MODE.
g1w-full-hd-1080p-car-dvr-2-7inch-120-degree.jpg

To get into the menu press the "MENU" button on the top. Then skip through the menus via the arrows to the left. Once scroll through the menu press the top button again and you get into page 2 of the menu.
In the phot you ahve linked to look at the lower middle snap and you will see a clock logo. This is where you can change the time and date.

Use the button "MODE" to jump horisontally > < between the tabs. "MENU" = OK/Enter

AHA! I knew I was being silly...

Thank you for your replies, not everything makes sense.

I got this recently and seems like a good camera so far.
- If I'm correct this records at 1080p/30fps or 720p/60fps. Which is better for the purpose of a dashcam (that is to record accidents)?
- What is the purpose of the frequency setting? Should I set it to 50Hz or 60Hz
- and finally this post says that this records in 3min/5min/10mins, but mine has 1min/3min/5min. I bought it form FoxOffer. Is this by any chance a fake one?

1080p30 will give better results

60Hz is the setting to use for USA

Recycle time offered will vary according to firmware version, nothing to worry about

Back