Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

1080p30 will give better results
60Hz is the setting to use for USA
Recycle time offered will vary according to firmware version, nothing to worry about

Thanks.

I'm thinking of buying this as my first roamcam. Is there any reason I shouldn't get this over the battery version? Or is this always going to be the better option, albeit a little more expensive?

I'm thinking of buying this as my first roamcam. Is there any reason I shouldn't get this over the battery version? Or is this always going to be the better option, albeit a little more expensive?

I got mine few weeks ago. During my research it looks like spending the extra $10 to get the capacitor version is worth it. Specially if you live in an area with high temps in summer.

Thanks, I think Ill going to go with this one then. I live in the UK so its not crazy hot in the summer, but even so, I think it might be worth the small amount more for the extra reliability.

Thanks, I think Ill going to go with this one then. I live in the UK so its not crazy hot in the summer, but even so, I think it might be worth the small amount more for the extra reliability.

even if heat is not a concern a capacitor is still the safer option, the battery would at some stage fail anyway so even if it doesn't suffer a meltdown the battery still doesn't last regardless, you've made the better choice

For those from the U.S. not wishing to wait for delivery from China, there's a vendor on YouTube from N.Y. that has the G1W-C on their store for $69.99 with free delivery. I ordered it last Thursday and got it yesterday, Monday in Florida. I chose the capacitor version due to the hot climate here.
SpyTech At least if something goes wrong, I can return it easily.

Quick question, can this be powered using the supplied miniUSB to USB2.0 lead? Or do you have to use the lighter charger/connector for power?

If it can be powered just through the lead, that'd be great (as I have a 2 outlet USB cigarette charger that I use 1 slot for my phone already). I hate those bulky 1 to 2 cigarette converters.

Great info. Thanks! :)

--kC

Quick question, can this be powered using the supplied miniUSB to USB2.0 lead? Or do you have to use the lighter charger/connector for power?

If it can be powered just through the lead, that'd be great (as I have a 2 outlet USB cigarette charger that I use 1 slot for my phone already). I hate those bulky 1 to 2 cigarette converters.

Great info. Thanks! :)

--kC

It should run fine provided your usb cigarette charger can provide enough current. I've found with my mini 0801 if I use a 1A usb adaptor it won't work properly, I have to use my 2A adaptor port for it to run.

I don't see why not. That's the way I set it up at home rather than in the car. I set it up using a USB/110 outlet. When you plug it into the USB on the computer, you only have 2 options: Mass Media or PC Camera. The only way I could get into the menu settings was from the car's 12v or from a USB to house power outlet.

Just received my G1W-C today, I put a 32GB Class 4 Sandisk minisd in and had a play around with it. It's really well built considering the price and it's very easy to use.

Does everyone else's unit record time displayed on the screen only go up to their loop setting time and then reset back to 0?

I have my loop setting set to 5 minutes and the onscreen record timer goes up to 5 minutes then restarts at 0 back to 5 minutes and so on. On my mini0801 the record time goes for the duration of the record time
ie. if it's been recording for 1:45 it would show that on the screen.

Hi guys,

Thinking of purchasing this as my first dash cam to use in Australia and possibly in USA during my July/August trip. One question with the G1W-C model, if the power is cut off once the ignition is off, when you get into a car accident, how does it save the last file? Does the capacitor run for a few minutes after ignition so the last file is saved?

any help is appreciated.

Hi guys,

Thinking of purchasing this as my first dash cam to use in Australia and possibly in USA during my July/August trip. One question with the G1W-C model, if the power is cut off once the ignition is off, when you get into a car accident, how does it save the last file? Does the capacitor run for a few minutes after ignition so the last file is saved?

any help is appreciated.

It should have enough "juice" to save the last file it was shooting before the camera shuts down but it is unlikely to be able to run for "minutes".

It should have enough "juice" to save the last file it was shooting before the camera shuts down but it is unlikely to be able to run for "minutes".

Thank you that was exactly what i was after!

Hi,
Is there anyone has the firmware of G1W-C? I have tried to upgrade to Seezeus version and it works. But the power doesn't cut off immediately once the ignition is off, until capacitor was empty. Could you please share the firmware to me, thanks.

hello to all
I got a G1W-C from foxoffer (blue color because black was not available)
Is there any way for me to know, without opening the camera or just trusting the seller, that it is indeed the one with the capacitors instead of the one with battery?

I have used the camera with an ADATA 32GB card for small car trips two days now and it seems to work fine.

hello to all
I got a G1W-C from foxoffer (blue color because black was not available)
Is there any way for me to know, without opening the camera or just trusting the seller, that it is indeed the one with the capacitors instead of the one with battery?

I have used the camera with an ADATA 32GB card for small car trips two days now and it seems to work fine.

If it shuts down promptly after unplugging the USB power supply, it has a capacitor. If you can charge it up and run it (ie: shoot video) without it being connected to a USB power supply, it has a battery.

I wish I had pulled the trigger when I was asking about it. I came away unscathed yesterday (quick assement driving and dodging), but was in the middle of a 4 car slinky collision. Will be ordering tonight. (They coudln't believe how I missed everything... it's called "looking ahead")

If it shuts down promptly after unplugging the USB power supply, it has a capacitor. If you can charge it up and run it (ie: shoot video) without it being connected to a USB power supply, it has a battery.
yes it does display "goodbye" and shuts down immediately after removing power
thank you for your help

Back