Complete Review of G1W-C CAPACITOR based dash camera NT96650 + AR0330 1080p / 30Fps

Okay so I just got mine, how does one upgrade the firmware? I'm also using a sandisk 16gb microsd card class 4, will this be a problem?

I'm also using a sandisk 16gb microsd card class 4, will this be a problem?

I've been using a 32gb Sandisk Class 4 and it works fine.

Also my raw footage files seems to be only of 1 minute or less durations? I have the loop setting set to 5 minutes. Is this normal?

Okay so I just got mine, how does one upgrade the firmware? I'm also using a sandisk 16gb microsd card class 4, will this be a problem?

I think it is unlikely that you need to update the firmware. Only consider doing so if you are having a specific issue.

I don't own a G1W, so someone else will have to answer your questions about the loop duration. On the other hand there should be a setting for this in the menu. Try resetting it again to 5 minutes.

The review for the G1W series of cameras here at DashCamTalk states that there is only one firmware update available for the G1W, specifically for cameras with the S1088 main circuit board. As the review says, "Use at your own risk".
It is available here: G1W Firmware estore009. 2014.0108 (S1088_M_Ver1.0).zip

Firmware Update Instructions
  1. Download the firmware file to your computer
  2. Unzip the file
  3. Format your memory card in your computer
  4. Copy the bin file to your memory card
  5. Put card into camera
  6. With a super-capacitor powered G1W-C you will need to run the camera from an external power supply in order to do a firmware update.
  7. Power camera on (make sure the camera is plugged in)
  8. The camera will update automatically
  9. After updating, remove the memory card and test with another memory card.

Last edited:
i got the dod ls388w firmware on my g1wh. should work on the g1wc, right?

I just bought (and received) my G1W-C. The first time I started it, I played with the settings en when I removed the USB power cord, is displayed Goodbye and shut off. Second time, with SD card in it, same ting. However, since the third time, when I unplug the power cord, the camera stays on for about 4-5 seconds and then promptly shuts down, without Goodbye screen.

Because of this, every last captured movie of the day is corrupt. I have to repair the .mov to see the movie in VLC/MPC-HC (however, the movie plays fine on the camera?!?!).

What can be wrong? FoxOffer offered me to send it back but sending a parcel to China is way too expensive. What to do :)

I just bought (and received) my G1W-C. The first time I started it, I played with the settings en when I removed the USB power cord, is displayed Goodbye and shut off. Second time, with SD card in it, same ting. However, since the third time, when I unplug the power cord, the camera stays on for about 4-5 seconds and then promptly shuts down, without Goodbye screen.

Because of this, every last captured movie of the day is corrupt. I have to repair the .mov to see the movie in VLC/MPC-HC (however, the movie plays fine on the camera?!?!).

What can be wrong? FoxOffer offered me to send it back but sending a parcel to China is way too expensive. What to do :)

Try the usual rule-of-thumb fix-its. Reset that camera with a paper clip via the switch in the reset hole. Reformat that card you are using (in the camera) and/or try a different one. Also, make sure you give the capacitor in the unit enough time (5 to 7 minutes at a minimum) to fully charge up each time before unplugging it.

I have reset the device, started it without the SD card and unplugged it after 15 minutes. It keeps running for about 4-5 second, then it suddenly shuts down, and after some seconds it tries to boot again but bcause it has no power anymore, it just flashes shortly 'Welcome' and then stays off...

somehow it can't detect the usb unplugging (when you unplug the power, the carger icon stays on screen :( )

I have reset the device, started it without the SD card and unplugged it after 15 minutes. It keeps running for about 4-5 second, then it suddenly shuts down, and after some seconds it tries to boot again but bcause it has no power anymore, it just flashes shortly 'Welcome' and then stays off...

somehow it can't detect the usb unplugging (when you unplug the power, the carger icon stays on screen :( )

Well then, it does indeed sound defective. Unfortunately, there seem to be more and more reports of G1W and G1W-C purchasers who are having problems as time goes on.

how do you adjust the time on this camera and it will keep it. I did adjust it and now it's back to 2000 instead of 2014 and also is it normal for this camera when it's always plugged in the car to tape only by 5 minutes at the time instead of all the time. Any way I can change that because I would have to stick everything together in order to make it a movie

there is a setting in the camera that will split video recorded to some minutes
it has 2 mins / 5 mins / and other settings
i think it also has "off" setting that will not split video
but beware! this splitting is a security measure
if a video becomes corrupted you lose only 2 / 5 minutes and not everything!

there is a setting in the camera that will split video recorded to some minutes
it has 2 mins / 5 mins / and other settings
i think it also has "off" setting that will not split video
but beware! this splitting is a security measure
if a video becomes corrupted you lose only 2 / 5 minutes and not everything!

If you don't split the video then when the card fills up the camera stops recording

I have also corrupt video because the cam doesn't shutdown properly. Corrupted movs of this camera can easily be repairerd with http://grauonline.de/cms2/?page_id=5 :) Works every time when yo uuse a good .mov from the dash cam as reference file.

I e-mailed FoxOffer about my problem and I got some new firmware to try. they will discuss it with their manufacturer. I can't send it back, it will cost me $25 postal so I could almost better buy a new one o_O

I too have chosen the G1W-C for my first dash camera and bought it from FoxOffer. When I first played with it in my car I didn't have a card in but could easily access the menu pages. Now that I have a card in I have to hold down the "M" button on the top with the power off then press the power button to turn it on and I can access the menus. Another strange thing is that the manual mentions an "OK" button to select chosen features but there is no button marked "OK". Through trial and error I found the "REC" button was the "OK" button.
Thanks to MarkFLL for the tip on the AC adapter/USB trick; it saves a lot of trips to the car.
Can anyone tell me the best exposure setting? I have mine at 0 at the moment.
Has anyone had trouble uploading files to Youtube? I tried and couldn't get one uploaded but the wifi where I was is pretty slow.
Thanks

Don't think these specs are correct, there is a dual camera solution coming from Novatek but it's not out yet

Back