Complete Review of GT680W Shadow-Tec / Seezeus

Night videos you can download, all works there , but day time you are right, for some reasons it says "Cannot decrypt metadata without key".
I will look into this soon.

time to add him into the 'circle of trust' ;)

And Some Picture Cant open

With pictures all should be fine. Please try to open this thread in other browser or refresh / reload existing browser.

time to add him into the 'circle of trust' ;)

I now realize that for some reason Megaco.nz does not always copy half of file extension ( look gray area in the picture ), - that was the case on the first place with night videos. Now tried again and all worked.

MegaCo Files extension.jpg

I dont understand novatek CPU but perfect video good FPS ? Novatek = Cheap dashcam chipset or ?

I dont understand novatek CPU but perfect video good FPS ? Novatek = Cheap dashcam chipset or ?

Novatek NT96650 is fairly cheap CPU, however it provides very good performance and at the moment it very hard to beat thsi CPu taking into consideration performance vs price.
This year has been all about this chip used in all successful dashcameras ( mostly from China ) in the 50-150 usd price range. This chip works stable for processing data 15Mbps at 1080p / 30fps, even Mobius has option to shoot 18Mbps ( 1080p/30fps ) and it worked well there ( depending on different FW versions ), - so I can say NT96650 is successful production from Novatek.

Novatek NT96650 is fairly cheap CPU, however it provides very good performance and at the moment it very hard to beat thsi CPu taking into consideration performance vs price.
This year has been all about this chip used in all successful dashcameras ( mostly from China ) in the 50-150 usd price range. This chip works stable for processing data 15Mbps at 1080p / 30fps, even Mobius has option to shoot 18Mbps ( 1080p/30fps ) and it worked well there ( depending on different FW versions ), - so I can say NT96650 is successful production from Novatek.
Thanks.

It should work now:

My Google Chrome Browser Down :) FireFox okey :rolleyes:

Sometime same happens to me as well, thats why its good to try on few browsers ;)
Hope all raw video files download links works Ok for you now.

Hi Niko. Can you help advise which video codex preferred in order to playback video file ? I had tried all 3 softwares, none of them perform...............sigh

Hi Niko. Can you help advise which video codex preferred in order to playback video file ? I had tried all 3 softwares, none of them perform...............sigh

Which video players did you tried ?

Which video players did you tried ?
Hi Niko, I installed Seezeus V1.0.5035.2791 and Datakam player V5.5.0.3, my GT680W f/w V3.5
I never experience such problem when running on DOD LS430 (TS file format), however my last set of DOD LS330W (MOV file format) also fail in video playback.
I have many sets of DVR before handling over to friends in Singapore, the last 2 sets of GT680W experience slower compass reaction, where most of the time it point to North although GPS speed screen saver already shown.

Hi Niko, I installed Seezeus V1.0.5035.2791 and Datakam player V5.5.0.3, my GT680W f/w V3.5
I never experience such problem when running on DOD LS430 (TS file format), however my last set of DOD LS330W (MOV file format) also fail in video playback.
I have many sets of DVR before handling over to friends in Singapore, the last 2 sets of GT680W experience slower compass reaction, where most of the time it point to North although GPS speed screen saver already shown.

From which seller did you bought your GT680W.
Correct FW to work with correct / upgraded GPS module is FW 2.4G. Not sure where did you got FW 3.5, but according to orricial Foxoffer blog, FW2.4G is specially tailored to work with new type of GPS module and it works flawlessly.

Check HERE

Last edited:
Thank you for the extensive report!!! Much appreciated!!!
But I was thinking about different FOV (Field of view) and different brightness... Isn't it possibel to adjust FOV and brightness to even out those differences, to better see the differences in sharpness?

Foxoffer global seller right ? Always sell original gt680w ?

We thrust this seller niko ?

iPhone 'den Tapatalk aracılığı ile gönderildi

Thank you for the extensive report!!! Much appreciated!!!
But I was thinking about different FOV (Field of view) and different brightness... Isn't it possibel to adjust FOV and brightness to even out those differences, to better see the differences in sharpness?

I tested changing to 720p/ 30 fps and 720p / 60 fps, but FOV stays same as 1080p / 30fps, so there is not much room to play with sharpness. Best is to keep in 1080p / 30fps

Last edited by a moderator:
Back