Complete Review of GT680W Shadow-Tec / Seezeus

Is GT680W worth $40 more compared to G1W? Thanks in advance for help.

To some it might be, reported better build quality, wider angle 6G lens, slightly better image quality.
Many versions of G1W around so who knows which one you'll end up with depending on where you buy.
Then again there is a G1W-C with a capacitor which is better suited for dash cam use in summer or hot climate usage.

To some it might be, reported better build quality, wider angle 6G lens, slightly better image quality.
Many versions of G1W around so who knows which one you'll end up with depending on where you buy.
Then again there is a G1W-C with a capacitor which is better suited for dash cam use in summer or hot climate usage.

yes, video quality is slightly better, especially at night. i think, thanks to better lens quality.
how long can hold capacitor power? maybe 30 sec or less

qb68.jpg

Re: GT680W with GPS. Any advice on suction cup vs adhesive mount? Is the adhesive removable? It's pretty cold where I live and the suction isn't cutting it. Also, it came with a big flat double side sticky mat thing (maybe 5 x 10 cm or so). Not sure what it's for.

Re: GT680W with GPS. Any advice on suction cup vs adhesive mount? Is the adhesive removable? It's pretty cold where I live and the suction isn't cutting it. Also, it came with a big flat double side sticky mat thing (maybe 5 x 10 cm or so). Not sure what it's for.
Mat is for the GPS receiver, if you want to place it on your dash.

Nico, I wish you wouldn't have written such a nice review, I had to order one! Just ordered the 'special' one from Fox - all black with no logo, with the GPS module, free shipping, for $106.89. Now I need to buy another car as all 4 of ours already have dash cams. Looking forward to comparing it to my others, I'll do a mini review when I receive it. Might wind up selling the G1W if I really like this one...

Anyone have experience in shipping time from Fox to USA address?

John F
LV NV

Great review, as always you niko doing a good job. I see a little more quality than my camera gt680w.

Great review! I may get the RX300 or this.

Anyone know if the HDMI output works in real time? It would be neat if you can put the camera in the back window for use as backup camera. ;)

Ok. Well, I ordered a couple of RX300s instead of the GT680W. I don't think it has an AV output. Oh well, not a big deal.

Can the LCD be turned off while recording on the GT680W? If not, can you recommend some other good options that have that option? Thanks.

Can the LCD be turned off while recording on the GT680W? If not, can you recommend some other good options that have that option? Thanks.

Yes. There is a setting for how long you wish to keep the live image on the screen. Mine is set to turn off after three minutes which is the shortest time allowed until the screen goes black. There is also a setting on the GT680W with GPS to have the screen show a compass and your current speed. Personally, I have found this feature to be buggy, so I don't use it.

Thank you very much for the detailed info!

Yes screen can be set to turn off after user set time through menu. One button press to light screen again.

just got a RX300, ordered on 27 Jan, shipped on 8 Feb from Singapore, recieved 28 Feb in Vietnam. Not bad

and OMG it is so tiny... gonna give it a test run tomorrow.

Back