Complete review of the SJ4000, a great little dash cam

@dirkzelf,just trying to expand your vision of purchase resource,if possible,you may check another one station sourcing website, for SJCAM SJ400,SJCAM SJCAM SJ4000 WIFI,M10,SJ5000 A7with WIFI,Mobius ,here it is link,joovuu.com

Any heat issues with the SJ4000 when used as a dashcam? It's great to hear that the camera will work without the battery when connected to an external power source. My older GoPro cameras (a Hero 2 and a Hero HD) would become extremely hot when run for a few hours.

None, the camera gets warm not overly hot while recording.

I'm not seeing any difference with HDR on or off. What should I be looking for, such as any differences in highlights, shadows, contrast, colors?

One thing has to be added to the review. If you use SJ4000 without battery you will never have the last file available. E.g. you have cyclic recording at 5 minutes files. if you stopped and switched off the ignition two minuted after the latest file started recording you'll loose it. I know because I actually tried to use it without battery. I also tried 64 Gb card - it works for several minutes and then device hangs up.

720p @60 is not really nice.

My recording below (I know that youtube is not too good with compressing, but it still looks pretty good)

If you pressed the shutter button before you turned off the ignition, wouldn't the camera stop and save the file?

I have also bought original SJ4000 and made my first videos:

Has anyone encountered--what's it called?--electrical or RF interference?
In one car, which has a lot of electrical stuff embedded everywhere--from the center rear view mirror, to overhead lights, to lights on the sun visor, and I suppose the A-pillar airbags, I noticed that when I change direction I have been getting a white horizontal line near the top of the video. The white line changes according to whether I am heading north, east, south, and west!

In another, much older car, which does not have any electrical components in the upper part other than a ceiling light, I don't get the horizontal white line at all.

In both cases, the radios were off.

Anyone know of any solutions? Do I need to shield the camera? With what?

Has anyone encountered--what's it called?--electrical or RF interference?
In one car, which has a lot of electrical stuff embedded everywhere--from the center rear view mirror, to overhead lights, to lights on the sun visor, and I suppose the A-pillar airbags, I noticed that when I change direction I have been getting a white horizontal line near the top of the video. The white line changes according to whether I am heading north, east, south, and west!

In another, much older car, which does not have any electrical components in the upper part other than a ceiling light, I don't get the horizontal white line at all.

In both cases, the radios were off.

Anyone know of any solutions? Do I need to shield the camera? With what?

I found that while charging using the supplied AC to 5v/1A wall wart, the screen should shudder/shake. As soon as I unplugged this charger, the shaking stopped. I charged with an OEM Apple iphone charger and no video issues. So the charger that's supplied is a POS. It probably needs more filters built in and whatnot. Good for charging, but not while recording...

Guys, I just want to remind you all that SJCAM now has more support resources such as a SJCAM Forum and a Help Desk.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey everyone,
will the f60 action camera(looks the same and has 4k and wifi) will save the last file using it without a battery? anyone knows?

I have used sj4000 as dash cams in a truck in the hot hot hot Australian sun in queensland,these cameras go all day,i had a couple of batteries buldge and actually swell the casing causing the on/off button to activate and shut down,i replaced the battery and now use that as a rear cam in my car and bought another sj4000 for the truck,after about 12 months the same thing happened to the battery,i bought another battery and shortly after the sjdash camera was released with capacitor so I didn't hesitate to buy one,its been great so far and looking forward to a long life from it,i also ride an old Honda motorcycle and used an sj1000 without its waterproof case on it for about 3 years,it lasted well,i repaired the micro usb mounting to the board once but on the second vibration caused fault I just replaced it with an M10 without its watwerproof housing,sj cameras are tough!

I already commented on that video.
I got my eye on you :geek:

Back