Complete Review of Urive Albatross II MD-7500P 1080p + 720p

I havnt fount yet any single dashcam that would be 100% issues-less. Take Mobius, Finevu, Blackvue, Vicovation or any othe big names. All they had some minor tweeks to be done and still developing. I am happy to wait as long as I see communication and some progress from any vendor / manufacturer. Yes, there are many small brands that stay with one firmware with no bugs fixing, but experience shows that big brands always working on improvement depending on buyers feedback.
I learned good saying from @jokiin "the squeackier the wheel, the more oil it gets" ;)
So, the more users report about issues, the quicker will be issue resolved. G-sensor bug is minor fix via new firmware.

The eBay seller told me that it's fine, and I can ship it back to him. I'm still undecided about it.

I wish they made it support 64GB. You have to keep in mind that the camera supports parking mode, and it keeps recording even when the car is parked, and it records A LOT of events. Basically, with the 32GB and the impact during driving, you're going to use 32gb every day, so if you want to find a video from a few days ago, forget about that. I'm thinking of maybe disconnecting the red wire, or to connect the red and the yellow wire together and into the ignition wire. This will make the camera work only when the car is running. I like the quality of the picture and so far the camera works fine. I set the volume down all the way to 1 so I don't get bothered with "start recording", "going to parking mode", and "GPS is enabled".

The one I have supports 64GB cards. I just put a Sandisk 64GB card in it and it works fine. The only trick is to format it FAT32 instead of exFAT which is what the card will ship with. Once you format it to FAT32 it will work in the unit. You can also completely disable parking mode if you wish by setting it to 0% or you can turn the unit off with the switch as needed.

Does anyone know if there is a new firmware in the works? I find the blinking LEDs rather annoying but I rather wait for the firmware fix to turn it off than plug them up with epoxy.

Another issue I found is the GPS does noy sync at times. Today I drove 30+ miles with no GPS sync but it worked on the way back. It's a bit annoying but not a real deal breaker, I guess.

Got my unit in the mail today and instead of being a 32GB camera, it was the 16GB. Is there any difference in the camera other than the card size?

would only be a different card, talk to the seller and see if they'll either send you the card or refund the difference

Well, after opening the package, it turns out that the SD card was a 32GB and not a 16GB. Why then does the big blue sticker on the exterior say 16GB unless someone opened the package and replaced the SD card with a 32GB?

Is there any way to power this cam in the house with a typical 110v power adapter so I can play with it at my desk?

I "play" with my dashcams at home using voltage converter 220 to 12v. You need same one but 110 to 12v.

Yea, guess I can look on eBay for a converter.

Niko, since you have already cut into your bin to make your cam mount, any chance I can get you to make me one? Don't mind sending (PayPal) you some funds for the materials and shipping to Eastern U.S.

PM me, we can discuss.

Few days ago while I was driving I heard the camera keep saying "start recording", I looked at the screen and I saw a message saying something like "an error with the impact sensor and the camera will restart". I had to turn the switch on/off to make it stop restarting. Yesterday I heard the camera saying "camera error" and had to use the switch again. Today "everything" was fine, except the freaking beeping every few mintes from the impact sensor.

I think that becasue the camera keep recording impact event all the time, over and over and over and over and over and over it just cant handle it.

Few days ago while I was driving I heard the camera keep saying "start recording", I looked at the screen and I saw a message saying something like "an error with the impact sensor and the camera will restart". I had to turn the switch on/off to make it stop restarting. Yesterday I heard the camera saying "camera error" and had to use the switch again. Today "everything" was fine, except the freaking beeping every few mintes from the impact sensor.

I think that becasue the camera keep recording impact event all the time, over and over and over and over and over and over it just cant handle it.

Have you switched off g-sensor or it is active ?

I didn't know I can. There is a way to do it from the camera or I need to plug the SD card and do it from the software?

Got my camera installed yesterday so I thought I'd share my initial impression and problems.

After hooking up the rear camera, GPS and power cable, I turned the camera on and fairly quickly heard the message that the GPS was active. On my trip to the store, the GPS was working but it lagged far behind where I actually was by as much as 1.5 miles. After about 10 miles or so, the GPS finally caught up to my approximate location though is was not as accurate as it should have been. During the trip, I had the screensaver set for my driving speed and while sitting still at a stop light for about 2 minutes, the miles per hour (or KMH) was showing and fluctuating between 35 KPH and 52 KPH. Needless to say, this was worthless so I just turned the screensaver off.

After arriving at my location, I turned off the camera and stowed it away and out of sight while I did some shopping. When I returned to the car, I hooked everything back up and then powered the camera up. What I didn't hear when I turned it back on was the audible message letting me know that GPS was activated. I made a few more brief stops and each time turned off the camera via the power switch. When I arrived home and reviewed the driving footage, my entire return trip of about 20 miles did show any GPS data or speed. GPS is not a huge concern for me, but my feeling is that if you pay for something, it should work the way it was designed to. It makes no sense to pay for a GPS attachment and then find it doesn't work half the time. That being said, I need to analyze what is going on with the GPS and make sure that I have all the settings correct.

As far as video is concerned, it does an okay job but as was previously noted, the quality of the video is not that great due to pixelation. For a camera in this price range though, I would expect better video results. The footage from my night driving was better than I expected but the camera does not handle brake lights, traffic lights, or any direct lighting very well. In fact, when I was directly behind a car at a traffic light, I could not make out the license plate at all.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about the camera but will need to test further and become more accustomed to its operation. My desire for a camera is to protect myself in the event that another driver finds it more important to use their cell phone than actually driving and this camera will do just that. But at this price range, I think its fair to expect better video and GPS operation.

Question: When the camera records events, how do you delete or allow them to be overwritten? Do you just reformat the card or is there some other method to allow them to be overwritten when your done with them?

That is my problem, the camera cannot delete the event, and my card is full of false events from the impact sensor. If you format the card it will delete but with my camera you will have to do it every day.

1) GPS worked much better today and was accurate for the entire trip of 20 miles. However, I did not turn the camera off during my trip today while I did turn the camera off 2 times yesterday. I'll make note to turn it off today about half way through my trip and turn it on again for my trip home and see if the GPS records data or if doesn't like it did the other day.

about GPS there's some info within this post http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/gs1000-gps-problem.690/#post-8609 which gives a bit of an overview of what to expect, how it functions etc which might be useful

Last edited by a moderator:
Three questions:

1) Do you know how to demux the 2ch files to post them on Youtube?
2) Is there a way to export/save the route data in a more userful file such as a GPX? The built in viewer is rather piss poor.
3) The built in viewer is broken as of right now as the host that it points to is inaccessible.

I have tested Samsung 64Gb MicroSDXC U1

Formatted from exFat to Fat32 using SmartDisk Fat32

Urive Albatross II firmware / hardware is tuned to use 64Gb Fat32 MicroSD cards, so you can also format them later on inside device as well.

SANY0021.JPG

SANY0017.JPG

SANY0018.JPG

SANY0019.JPG

SANY0020.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a way to do it from the camera or I need to plug the SD card and do it from the software?

Can someone tell me how do you edit avi files from Albatross? How can you separate the front and back channel, so you have them on separate files?

thanks!!!

There is a way to do it from the camera or I need to plug the SD card and do it from the software?

You can configure G-sensor sensitivity from PC viewer and from device, - what ever you prefer more, but as per latest reports, even by switching off g-sensor completely, - it still have some "sensitivity". Don't know if Urive fixed this issue with latest FW updates or not ?

Can someone tell me how do you edit avi files from Albatross? How can you separate the front and back channel, so you have them on separate files?

thanks!!!

There was some program mentioned on some of russian dashcam forums, but I don't remember where exactly :confused:

You can configure G-sensor sensitivity from PC viewer and from device, - what ever you prefer more, but as per latest reports, even by switching off g-sensor completely, - it still have some "sensitivity". Don't know if Urive fixed this issue with latest FW updates or not ?

There is no way to turn off the G-sensor. Or I don't have the latest FW

Back