Complete Review of Urive Albatross II MD-7500P 1080p + 720p

Ok, there is no way. there is 3 option but not off.

Thera are 3 options:
Insensitive, normal, sensitive.
English is not my native language, but as I know, word "insensitive" means no-sensitivity, - means OFF. Am I right ? ;)

Thera are 3 options:
Insensitive, normal, sensitive.
English is not my native language, but as I know, word "insensitive" means no-sensitivity, - means OFF. Am I right ? ;)

My English is not my native language as well but I think that "insensitive" means not so sensitive and not off. I know it because I keep hear the beep of the G-sensor and it's not off.

My English is not my native language as well but I think that "insensitive" means not so sensitive and not off. I know it because I keep hear the beep of the G-sensor and it's not off.

As I understand, any "in-" ( "un-") before word means "lacking, missing, without", in dashcam meaning insensitive = off.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=insensitive

insensitive (ɪnˈsɛnsɪtɪv)
adj
1. lacking sensitivity; unfeeling
2. lacking physical sensation
3. (foll by: to) not sensitive (to) or affected (by)

;)

I dont remember seeing dashcam with g-sensor that dont have option to switch off.

Same is in Albatross II: insensitive g-sensor option means OFF.
Other discussion is that setting it to "insensitive" does not switch off g-sensor completely, - this issue has been addressed to developer, but unfort as I know there are no solutions yet provided.

Hi, thanks for the review, it was great. I have a few questions:

Is it possible to upgrade the rear camera, maybe something with better quality night recording?

Is it possible to have the display show the rear camera all the time as long as it's powered? (I need something to replace a rear view mirror, since it is impossible to see out the back of my car)

Can the screen saver mode be turned off? I'd need the rear view display visible at all times.

Hi, thanks for the review, it was great. I have a few questions:

Is it possible to upgrade the rear camera, maybe something with better quality night recording?

Is it possible to have the display show the rear camera all the time as long as it's powered? (I need something to replace a rear view mirror, since it is impossible to see out the back of my car)

Can the screen saver mode be turned off? I'd need the rear view display visible at all times.

Thanks.

I dont think it's possible to use other rear cameras with it, Firmware has to be tuned up to work with them, and besides they use microusb connector, - thsoe type of cameras are not available outside of ODM.

I recommend you to buy rearview mirror with built in display and connect good low-lux reaversing camera that you can adopt to work 24/7, as you requested.

Any idea how this camera compares to the 8500p I shotgun ii? Looks very similar but the 8500 has no screen.

Any idea how this camera compares to the 8500p I shotgun ii? Looks very similar but the 8500 has no screen.

I read from Korean forums, that 8500 is slightly better due to having WDR.

After watching all the raw videos, I'm still interested in this one. I really had my mind set on having the LCD display, so the Shotgun series is probably not for me (unless I have a dash tablet to display). It seems like I can set the Albatross II to display the rear view all the time, and turn the screen saver off, thus serving as a very small rear view mirror (I can't see out the back of my car)

Does anyone have experience with the Russian seller 'fortsoul'? He's on eBay with a store called 12vGadget and also a member on here. He seems to have the lowest price on a 16GB version with GPS. ($345USD shipped)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/271466142748
Are their other known 2ch contenders coming out soon which are comparable (regardless of cost)

Sure wish I could just hack together a bunch of mobius cams, but I don't have time for that level of DIY. :)

After watching all the raw videos, I'm still interested in this one. I really had my mind set on having the LCD display, so the Shotgun series is probably not for me (unless I have a dash tablet to display). It seems like I can set the Albatross II to display the rear view all the time, and turn the screen saver off, thus serving as a very small rear view mirror (I can't see out the back of my car)

Does anyone have experience with the Russian seller 'fortsoul'? He's on eBay with a store called 12vGadget and also a member on here. He seems to have the lowest price on a 16GB version with GPS. ($345USD shipped)
https://www.ebay.com/itm/271466142748
Are their other known 2ch contenders coming out soon which are comparable (regardless of cost)

Sure wish I could just hack together a bunch of mobius cams, but I don't have time for that level of DIY. :)
Just remember that you can't turn off the G sensor and it will make you crazy

Thanks for the tip. Would be nice if there was a firmware update for that.

How does this product compare to the Urive Shotgun? The shotgun has no display but they look like the same specs to me, am i right?
I'm interested in the software license plate feature. Does anyone know if this comes only on the Albatros software?

Also, great review :D

How does this product compare to the Urive Shotgun? The shotgun has no display but they look like the same specs to me, am i right?
I'm interested in the software license plate feature. Does anyone know if this comes only on the Albatros software?

Also, great review :D
Shotgun has advantage of WDR.
What do you mean undet license plate software?

Shotgun has advantage of WDR.
What do you mean undet license plate software?
Under strongpoints you listed:
- Advanced PC Viewer / Player with a lot of useful features like "Numberplate Calibration" and "Trace of Driving record" (i've should have been clearer about this, my apologies).
I wanted to know if the software supplied with the Shotgun shares the same features as the one with the Albatross. If not, then you Sir, have me convinced of replacing my i1000 dual lens with an Albatross II :)

Hi Guys
Is there any way can I get my firmware install onto apple iMac?
When I tried to install the .exe file, it says doesn't allow window application to be install. Please help. Thanks.

Under strongpoints you listed:
- Advanced PC Viewer / Player with a lot of useful features like "Numberplate Calibration" and "Trace of Driving record" (i've should have been clearer about this, my apologies).
I wanted to know if the software supplied with the Shotgun shares the same features as the one with the Albatross. If not, then you Sir, have me convinced of replacing my i1000 dual lens with an Albatross II :)
PC player is same.
U can not compare yours to this one. They are from totally different class- and price range. Urive is many steps ahead.
I am not convincing, just bringing out facts.

Last edited:
Hi Guys
Is there any way can I get my firmware install onto apple iMac?
When I tried to install the .exe file, it says doesn't allow window application to be install. Please help. Thanks.

Best option for Mac is to install the free VirtualBox from Oracle, and install a Windows into that.

Back