Complete Review RX300 Shadow-Tec / Seezeus, 1080p, 30Fps, 15Mbps, GPS logg (WDR*) HDR

what is the advantage of this function?

Instead of 30Fps ( frames per second ) it can record with much lower frame-rate ( 1, 2, 5 Fps ) allows to record much longer uotal video footage on the same momory card compared to if set to normal recording of 30Fps.

Hello, Can you find out the operating temperature for this camera?
Living in Florida it gets very hot in the cars even with a window shade and the windows cracked open for some ventilation.

Also is it capable of using a CPL filter? if so what size?

Thanks for you great review, this is the camera i'm looking at buying over the GT550WS

can you completely turn off the back monitor while it is on?

Hello, Can you find out the operating temperature for this camera?
Living in Florida it gets very hot in the cars even with a window shade and the windows cracked open for some ventilation.

Also is it capable of using a CPL filter? if so what size?

Thanks for you great review, this is the camera i'm looking at buying over the GT550WS

It is not recommended to use any battery based dashcams in hit climate. Search for capacitor based dashcams.

Yes, CPL is here

http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...apter-cpl-filter-for-dashcam.3380/#post-47469

Last edited by a moderator:
can you completely turn off the back monitor while it is on?

Lcd screen turns off automatically after some period set from menu.

I noticed a discrepancy with the specifications. Can I use a 64GB memory card or is it limited to 32? I'll be waiting ages for mine to ship and I want to get a memory card meanwhile.

The obvious next question... can anyone suggest a 64GB card that works? (and what sort of special formatting)

Niko doesn't cite his source but under "Main Features" it says 32 and under "Specifications" it says 64

When you use 64gb cards in cameras that work with them but aren't officially supported you can't format the card in the camera, if it gets a glitch while you're out and don't have access to a PC you'll end up with no files

Personally I'd only use the officially supported size, reliability is too important

Just got my RX300 after a long way of shipping from Singapore to Vietnam (shipped 8th Feb, received 28th Feb for only 1100 km distance :p).

I tried with the Sandisk Ultra 64 GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS-1 but it said "memory error", replace it with another Sandisk Ultra 32 GB and it works perfectly.

Also I want to mod the CPL with 37mm CPL step up ring, do you know what size of step-up ring that I can use since I don't have the ruler :(

The real capacity of the battery is 178 mA ( measured by consumption of 500mA to 3V )

http://www.dx.com/p/502030-240mah-rechargeable-polymer-li-ion-battery-silver-227107#.VG3-lmdeV3U

Power Consumption (Zhaoxin 305, 3,9V):

LCD On - 350mA
LCD On + rec (Full HD) - 450-490 mA
LCD Off + rec (Full HD) - 370-410 mA
Parking mode (5 fps) + LCD On - 400 mA
Parking mode (5 fps) + LCD Off - 320-330 mA

Turn off the camera - when the voltage is a 3V

Minimum voltage for charging with usb:

(discharged battery)

-LCD On - 4,2 V (580 mA)
-LCD On + rec - 4,2V (660 mA)
-LCD Off + rec - 4,2V (620 mA)