Completely Unusable Footage at Night

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased a Mobius with B-lens from buymobius.com and the quality is decent during the day but abysmal at night. Nothing like the quality shown in this youtube video.

Here are some sample pictures. These are frames taken directly from the video file. As you can see, you can barely even make out highway exit signs, let alone license plate numbers.
1, 2, 3, 4

I'm running at maximum settings as far as I know, unless I'm missing something.
pic of settings

My headlights do need to be restored, but I don't think that's going to help the picture all that much. What can I do to increase the quality? Did I get a defective camera? I cleaned the windshield both inside and out and the camera lens just before going out on the drive where the frame grabs are from.

Running all at maximum settings? U must got something wrong with "maximum settings". Try to restore to factory default and test again.

Try the "Low light" setting under WDR. I get better images than that using it as a rear mounted camera where only the tails lights and street lights provide illumination.

Try the "Low light" setting under WDR. I get better images than that using it as a rear mounted camera where only the tails lights and street lights provide illumination.

this was taken after getting my headlights restored and switching low light setting to WDR

i'm gonna try using the normal FOV but i'm worried about missing footage in the case of chasing lanes.

just checked the quality with the normal FOV and it's just as bad. i also updated the firmware to 2.37, same result. i think this is a hardware issue. what fixes can i attempt before i try to return it? i haven't changed any of the advanced settings.

Your night images don't look that bad to me.

That sample video from key west is not a very good benchmark to use, the lighting conditions are completely different to your comparison images.

As that video is pretty old, it's possibly using FW 0.59, which is claimed by some to have the best night capabilities.

Completely different scenarios.

Mobius is a budget dashcam.

I have the latest firmware and looks similar if not better than the footage in the video

Your night images don't look that bad to me.

That sample video from key west is not a very good benchmark to use, the lighting conditions are completely different to your comparison images.

As that video is pretty old, it's possibly using FW 0.59, which is claimed by some to have the best night capabilities.

Nope. Likely v0.4? ( </= v0.53 for sure).

Completely different scenarios.

Mobius is a budget dashcam.

I have the latest firmware and looks similar if not better than the footage in the video

I doubt it. What monitor are you using?

I think the stills from the night videos you posted are pretty normal for a mobius.

Back