Computer Monitor experts, what's a good one ?

RiengLie

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If their are any Monitor experts on the forum I could use some advice on a 24/27 inch monitor with IPS screen? I do mostly Research/HD Movies/Games/Dash cam talk. Looking to spend 3 to $400.00, maybe more.

Currently I have a ViewSonic that is heading south at a fairly fast rate!

I have no idea, last year my CRT finally died, but i was only able to afford a cheap screen and so dident do much research, so i got a Iiyama 27"screen that can do the 144 Hz and support AMD freesync.

So i think main focus should be on whatever are supported by your grafix card - AMD freesync or Nivdia i cant remember.

I've always had good luck with Dell monitors. Currently I am using two Dell U2415. They come color calibrated from factory - no complaints.

Why not buy a good TV that size that can also act as a computer monitor?
You get built in speakers and can see how the TV works in the store.
My LG TV seems to work well as a TV and can also be used as a monitor for my computer..

Last edited:
not all TV's offer PC mode so you can run into issues with overscan not scaling the image correctly, something to be aware of

personally I use Phillips monitors, I use 3 x 32" screens, my main display is native 4K and the left and right are native 1080p, works well for me, does take up a bit of desk space, the built in speakers on them aren't great though

monitors.jpg

Lately it seem like "a lot" of TVs have gotten AMD freesync support, and i think this will go up in the future.

I like this and might go that route if my new Iiyama monitor die on me or i want to move to 4K, also when the CRT screen died on me and i briefly used my 42" TV as a monitor, i actually liked that on my large computer table.
And thats a old LG TV with 2 inch border L - R & top and a 3 inch border below so physical size are probably more like a 50" TV of today

But i would mainly look after a monitor that support AMD freesync or Nivdia G-sync depending on what flavor of GFX card you have.

I really would like a OLED monitor, but all seem to focus that on TV and devise displays.

Back