Conducting some research for dashcam SD / microSD card preferences, would appreciate any feedback!

It would be nice to know for what purpose you want this information.

I did the survey, but was disappointed in a number of things. First, only one of my cam manufacturers was listed, and the very popular Möbius wasn't there at all. Specific models were also absent and that matters as comparing a Viofo G1W-S to a Viofo A129 is meaningless; one is old-school economy and the other is cutting-edge technology. There was nothing to cover multiple cams or multiple cars. There were no questions or possible answers of which specific card manufacturer I prefer, and again I have two preferences. And on the criteria of card selection there should have been an answer available to indicate card reliability as a reason for choice. If this is about cards, there's not much need to ask a lot about cams as good cards work in all cams while bad cards won't do well in àny cam.

I neither know what you're seeking or what your plans are for the info you gain, but honestly I don't see much that you can gain from the survey as it is right now. I'd suggests reworking it while it's young and easy to do without much loss of data.

Phil

PNY 16GB class 10

Kingston 32GB class 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

some there I've never even heard of
Hearing this from you is astounding and meaningful both. That list, which included some IMHO crap brands, makes me wonder just how much they actually know on the subject. I do wish they would let us know more of their aims so we could perhaps help them better.

Phil

Hearing this from you is astounding and meaningful both. That list, which included some IMHO crap brands, makes me wonder just how much they actually know on the subject. I do wish they would let us know more of their aims so we could perhaps help them better.

Phil

at a guess the list was plucked from somewhere like Amazon or similar and it was just whatever was listed for sale at the time, not so much a researched and validated list of products that held some sort of significance that the memory cards were really related to

I only do paid surveys. Now that I have completed the questions, that will be $5 please.

I only do paid surveys...
That's no fun. I prefer to lie on 50% of the questions - maybe more if it's a political survey. :D

I totally lied on every question.

I only do surveys where its people that ask you, and then i giggle inside over the look on their face by some of the things i say.
It is a bit annoying when its just some set answerers, but i always manage to add a little OMG extra for them to chew on.
The phone surveys have stopped since i got on the do not call do not contact list, but in general i do not pick up unless its a phone number i know.

One of my favorites, though i really do mean this, is that 80% of the people in the world should drop dead / be killed. That would pretty much solve all problems facing the remaining 20%,,,,,,, and they are welcome to start the 80% with me.
Most people cant deal with logic like that, and they cant deal with you honestly saying " im Ok with dying now", cuz the norm is its the others that have to die / make changes not me, so people are used to argue against that.
And i am pretty sure if you could ask the earth and most non humanoids on it, a hard reset like that would be nice.

I would go with a micro sd card with a lifetime warranty. Kingston has received a good reputation.
I have 3 different brands of micro sd cards to use in 2 different dash cams.

So do we expect to hear anything back from him?
I saw he also posted this on Reddit but I didn't look to see if there was any comments.

So do we expect to hear anything back from him?
I saw he also posted this on Reddit but I didn't look to see if there was any comments.
I doubt if we will hear back.. this is likely a dummy project started by a bored student just to see how the system works. Note that at the end Survey Monkey asks if "you" would like to start your own survey.

I think surveys are important and a reasonable way to obtain data.. I do a lot but give as much "honesty" as I think the owner deserves. If the owner can not identify the why or who for... sorry, my response will match your lack of transparency.

I would go with a micro sd card with a lifetime warranty. Kingston has received a good reputation.
I have 3 different brands of micro sd cards to use in 2 different dash cams.

I always say that warranties are meaningless for they usually are. If it's something you need to have, then you can't spare the time of sending it back and getting a replacement. If it's something you don't need that badly you probably won't waste the effort on the process but just buy a new item instead. Only warranties on more expensive things matter much, and there they can help quite a bit if they're handled well. I'd use a warranty on a 256GB card, but then again I can't afford them anyway so the point is moot. Anything less I'll just buy a new one and try again.

Phil

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Dash Cam Discussion 18
Back