Config issues - 2.006

Naboen

Reaction score
Country
Norway
Hi guys.

New user on the forum, but quite used with Blackvue.

Yesterday I upgraded to 2.006 and have some "issues".

My config isn't used, seems like they start with the default setting. Also wifi is always, even if I choose to start with it as off. Not possible to change from IOS.

Twice the same thing has happened, I saw something/somewhere about the wifi "on" but...

If I change the settings from IOS it's written to the config file.

Any idea what could be the problem here?

Thanks.

You need to turn off the cloud option to be able to change that wifi setting.

OK, thanks I will try that.

Any idea why the config from PC isn´t read?

Works fine with 2.005.

I've noticed that when upgrading to this 2.006 it wiped the card clean and all the settings in the camera clean, and after the 2nd reboot it reinitialized the memory card again so it went back to default, but the past few updates the config files didn't get wiped out during the upgrade. Normally when you upgrade it always wipe the card clean and all the config, I was surprised that the past few updates I was able to not having to do all my settings, that was nice.

Thanks Crazy.

I did it on my PC, formatted the SD-card and copied config.ini back to the Config-folder. Like always.

Any idea how I can get it to read the config? Wait for 2.007? :(

What if you copied the config file now that you had the camera rebooted a few times?

I've used to do that but I haven't for a while now. My settings are very simple. Sorry I can't help you there.

OK, I will try it and report back.

Thanks.

Hi, this worked fine for 3 of 4 cards. The last said it was firmware error.

Is this by design from version 2.006 or is it a bug?

Would like to update on PC and use my old config.

+

If I choose to update from iPhone, how will it download firmware? When I connect to wifi the cellar-internet dies.

Thanks.

If you update the firmware with the phone be you need to download the firmware on to the phone first. Then connect onto the Blackvue through wifi and it will upload that onto the Blackvue.

Blackvue support claims that after version 2.006 when the timezone is changed, it will format the card and use the default settings.

This must be an error - which they should fix in 2.007?

Can other confirm this - if you have upgraded to 2.006.

Thanks.

Both the 2.005 and 2.006 upgrade did reset my config, including the timezone. After correcting the timezone, the SD card was formatted.

Not sure why but it was mentioned in the release notes so I was prepared.

If you update the firmware with the phone be you need to download the firmware on to the phone first. Then connect onto the Blackvue through wifi and it will upload that onto the Blackvue.

Any idea if your settings is kept? Or do I need to edit my settings every time?

Thanks.

Any idea if your settings is kept? Or do I need to edit my settings every time?

Thanks.

For this update I needed to reset all config. But for the past 2 update I did not need the reset config.

Back