Confused About Registrator Viewer...

DashCamOnBoard

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm seeing different threads about everything from malicious code to error messages, registry fixes, different versions and someone passed away (which I'm sorry to hear). Does anyone know what is the most current safe version that works and where we can download it? And, does it work with the SG9663DCPRO ?

Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer is the latest app.

Street Guardian Dashcam Viewer is a licensed version of https://DashCamViewer.com and is free for Street Guardian customers.

it replaces the previous older Registrator Viewer Datacam app. The developer passed away. (App no longer functions)

Thanks, got it working. So this software somehow knows to only work on files that come out of a Street Guardian product?

Is there a way to make the full screen mode actually use up yuor whole monitor and to record .jpg images that are the full resolution?

Is there a way to make the full screen mode actually use up yuor whole monitor and to record .jpg images that are the full resolution?
There should be an on-line user manual in the 'Help' menu of the program. That should answer most of your initial questions. (I'm running the paid version of the program versus the SG specific but the functionality should be the same.)

For full resolution screenshots I prefer to use VLC, can go frame by frame and select what you want, the screenshot will be at native resolution even if the monitor doesn't support the resolution

Thanks, got it working. So this software somehow knows to only work on files that come out of a Street Guardian product?
Correct. I'm sure SG licensed the program from the author and modified it to only function with their products. There is a commercial 'paid' version that works with cameras from many manufacturers.

That is nice of Street Guardian to provide us the software. I do seem to like Registrator Viewer a little better, as it allows for a true full-screen mode that uses up the whole monitor. You can also save full-resolution screenshots. But everytime I open Registrator Viewer, I get this error message 3 times and have to click OK 3 times:

49480447657_f9b60e48f7_o.png

Then the software works fine. But sometimes I also get this error and have to click Yes:

49480228131_903666ea31_o.png

And then the software will work again.

Does anyone happen to know if there is a setting or some way to get rid of these pop-ups?

which version of Registrator Viewer are you using?

it doesn't work for the DCPRO anyway but still usable for your old camera

So sad that nobody else picked up Vadim's work, it was years ahead of everyone else so imagine what it would have been like today if we hadn't lost him...

Phil

So sad that nobody else picked up Vadim's work
it wasn't for the lack of interest, unfortunately he didn't share any detail or source to his work and he worked alone, huge loss to the community and as you mention can only imagine where it would have been by now had it continued

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ThingInTheAttic SG9663DC & SG9663DCPRO 2
Back