Confused as to which dual channel to get

NZDashcam

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Dash Cam
Panorama X2, MiVue388
Hello,

I currently have a Navman Mivue 388 and would like to upgrade to a 2 channel unit.
Things I like about the 388 include:
  • good quality low light 1080 video
  • emergency button
  • parking sensor
  • impact sensor
  • GPS
Things I don't like about the 388:
  • Battery doesn't charge
  • Unit resets itself when turned off
  • Removing the card to edit video / share etc
It seems as though I'm not going to find a utopia product yet, but if I could get the form factor and the wireless features of the blackvue dr650gw-2ch with the video quality of the Panorama X2, I'd be there. I also like the potential of the finevu cr2000 omega, but can't find enough in English about it to see if it warrants the change. Or do I go for 2 really good single channel units - I like the DOD LS460W there.

So my wishlist in order of priority:

1. The best quality day/night video in 1080 on both cameras, with sufficient framerate to prevent pixelation etc
  2. Onboard GPS preferred, but external considered, if it means a better camera
  3. Easy way to vide/edit/share video - I have an android smartphone if that makes a difference. I dont detatch my camera and I don't really like removing the cards.
  4. Events, parking, impact required
  5. Motion preferred
  6. Low profile preferred but not essential

What do you suggest? Shipping to New Zealand required.

X2 is excellent but no WiFi. It does use microSD cards though so you can pop those into android devices. Since you don't want to eject cards, you could possibly get microSD to SD ribbon cables adapters. This would allow you to use WiFi enabled full size SD cards.

The ribbon adapter looks like an interesting idea. External GPS as well on the x2 - can the latest firmware turn off the front LED?
Can the cards be managed ie by type of recording or by camera? Or are there format only options?

Is there a GUI review anywhere with the current firmware? I can only find one that was pre beta.

Not sure what you're after but maybe look at the user manual thread, the draft copy is there which is being updated as the changes are done, should be reasonably up to date

Is there a GUI review anywhere with the current firmware? I can only find one that was pre beta.

Per your request I just made this video for you:
(innovation is non-stop so more is to come in the future)

(I missed the playback screen, but it's pretty straight forward)

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that's really useful especially the video. The information on the x2 is flowing quite well. One final question on this model I think, and that is the video stitch. I recall reading somewhere that you lose a tenth of a second between videos. Is this correct or has a firmware update now made it seamless?

Ok. What does it mean on page 7 of the current manual then as that was my interpretation. May need amending

Recording gap between file segments is approximately 0.1 second.

I'm not sure actually. I don't notice any gap during playback though. I'll have to ask SungMoon for a more technical in-depth answer.

I think that is the overlap of the video segments, my lukas have the same if not a little larger overlap. ( rephrase in manual in order )
Not sure if the RegistratorViewer compensate from this small overlap in post production.

The last 0.1 second of a segment is the same footage as the first 0.1 second of the following clip meaning 0.0 seconds of action is lost.

Ok in that case, which makes sense, I'm happy the x2 is a contender. Now how does it match up to the finevu cr2000g and the finevu cr2000 omega?

X2 is by far the best value right now at $299 USD and built in Low voltage cut off protection. Those others are hardly even talked about on the forms as far as I've seen.

I will have to agree with the post above, i am still to get a dual cam setup, this i think will be a while :oops:

X2 is by far the best value right now at $299 USD and built in Low voltage cut off protection. Those others are hardly even talked about on the forms as far as I've seen.

Thanks @Pier28

I think that's a pretty fair comment as it reflects the feedback I've had so far. Quick question on https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/d...ual-channel-dashcam-64gb-64gb-gps-bundle.html

Does this bundle also come come with the hardwired (3 wire) included? It's pictured but not mentioned.
What would shipping to NZ be and how long would that take to arrive approximately?

Yes all X2 units come with the three wire hardwire cable. The one I sell separately is simply a spare accessory. Shipping times vary wildly based on random customs inspections but one week is typical for the lowest cost option.

What would shipping to NZ be?

sfjXgyk.png

Thanks @Pier28. I've placed an order this morning for the GSP bundle with dual 64 cards. Thank you very much for your assistance and advice

Back