Confused Newbie

RyanDan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, interested in buying the xiaomi yi but the models are confusing me.

I've done some research and have realised that the older models have a mic and focus problem. So I was convinced I was going to buy the z23 model from banggood, however after reading some more have realised that the z23L has no IR filter.

Now I am very confused on what model to buy and where from, I need a good mic and focus with IR Filter is this possible?

Whic model is best? Thanks

I don't think that you can choose a model when ordering steht banggood, gearbest and so on.

But if you'll get a L model you can order a spare lens with IR filter. Audio quality you can fix by your self. Just search forum and/or YouTube.

Thanks for the reply, bang good give an option to pay extra for the z23 model, does that make it better quality wise i.e. mic and focus?

Best audio quality you'll get with an external mic.

Watch

Best audio quality you'll get with an external mic.

Watch

Thanks for the reply, looking to use underwater, do u think the z23L has the best mic without any upgrade?

I don't use an UW housing but it will lower the audio quality because mic is covered.

I use aluminum housings witch have a hole above the mic. Sound is OK.

I don't use an UW housing but it will lower the audio quality because mic is covered.

I use aluminum housings witch have a hole above the mic. Sound is OK.

Thanks, so do u think I should pay extra for the z23L or shall I just buy the older version?

Hard to say. I'm using a 23L, swaped the lens with an IR lens and am really happy.

Hard to say. I'm using a 23L, swaped the lens with an IR lens and am really happy.

Yes struggling to make a decision, need to know if the mic is better in the newer z23L because I prefer a working mic to an IR filter.

What does everybody reccommend,

Z3L or older version?

Doesn't matter, just buy one.

Thanks for the reply, looking to use underwater, do u think the z23L has the best mic without any upgrade?
Isn't water a good IR filter?

I would have thought you are better without for underwater use...

Isn't water a good IR filter?

I would have thought you are better without for underwater use...

You could be right mate, thanks for the help I'll order the z23L today!

Back