Connect Mobius ActionCam to HTC OneXL

garykaifong

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Has anyone successfully connected the Möbius ActionCam to a HTC OneXL? No luck for me so far. Need help! Thanks.

garykaifong said:
Has anyone successfully connected the Möbius ActionCam to a HTC OneXL? No luck for me so far. Need help! Thanks.

I guess you were using special Mobius OTG cable, right ?

Yes, but still does not work. I'm trying to get a OTG cable with power supply, and will see if that works.

Still can't connect the Mobius to my HTC OneXL even with the OTG cable (with power). My HTC OneXL just doesn't even recognize it as an USB drive. Can someone please help?

garykaifong said:
Still can't connect the Mobius to my HTC OneXL even with the OTG cable (with power). My HTC OneXL just doesn't even recognize it as an USB drive. Can someone please help?

From Mobius Android support page you can read following statistics that were published on few month ago:
http://pages.videotron.com/therau20/nr16/android.html

You can check Play Store comments:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... usac&hl=en

So, some phones are just "not friendly" with Mobius. I guess you did not check Mobius Android support page before buying ? , - no blame for you, - I am myself do also impulsive purchases some time, without reading all useful info.

Attachments

• mobius 2.jpg
    mobius 2.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 65
  • mobius1.jpg
    mobius1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
I did check therau2000's support page. It merely said HTC One is the most problematic but it didn't say it's impossible. Besides, I got the Mobius ActionCam because I like its spec, and my HTC OneXL has long been there. So I am just trying to see if I can connect the 2. Not that I will change my phone because of a cam. Nor I will get another cam because of my HTC.

garykaifong said:
I did check therau2000's support page. It merely said HTC One is the most problematic but it didn't say it's impossible. Besides, I got the Mobius ActionCam because I like its spec, and my HTC OneXL has long been there. So I am just trying to see if I can connect the 2. Not that I will change my phone because of a cam. Nor I will get another cam because of my HTC.

I hope therau working on this issue, because I guess there are many xperia / htc users out there who would like mobius to work with their phones. Otherwise mobius is loosing some market.

Just found Eternity Project has a kernel flash that may resolve the USB host issue. Will try that out and report.

I've been in contact with therau2000 re this issue. He didn't sound like he is working on this, as he said this is not the issue with the app, nor the cam, but android devices themselves. Just so you know and don't extend any hope in this regard.

garykaifong said:
I've been in contact with therau2000 re this issue. He didn't sound like he is working on this, as he said this is not the issue with the app, nor the cam, but android devices themselves. Just so you know and don't extend any hope in this regard.

nice to hear that therau is honest and not "feeding us" with cheap hopes. Better face the reality as it is.

Is there any links to mentioned Eternity project / kernel flash info you mentioned above?
Just out of curiosity I would like to educate myself.

niko said:
Thanks, will try to involve one of my friends who has HTC One and see if we can "understand" solution.
Yes, please. I also have HTC One. I was able to install App but it doesn't open when I connect Mobius.

Do you get any response? SD card not formatted? Have you tried and successfully mounted a usb drive/key?
I've a Mobius and it connects, it won't however read the sd card. (alos an HTC)

... and it works flawlessly now on my htc one. Updated to latest droid app, voila, bingo.

Anyone got any luck?

Sorry for late replay. We did not had success with my friend htc phone using tips from eternityproject website so we dropped this idea after 3h of different test and try.
I am happy it works with galaxy s4.
Hopr you will find solution.

... and it works flawlessly now on my htc one. Updated to latest droid app, voila, bingo.

Very good, please share your ideas on how you did it.
Garygaifong will be very intetested in this.

Back