Connect rear cam to nextbase 512gw

Hi all,
Any one know when Nextbase will have new stock in of the rear view camera, I have been trying every couple of hours since Monday to order one but no joy. I've even phoned only to be answered by what seemed to be a very disgruntled, unprofessional employee who gave me little or no information except were expecting more stock soon, maybe Thursday or Saturday.

Why can't we pre-order this item? at least then Nextbase would know how much stock was needed to fulfill the needs of those on their mailing list, some of who have waited for months.

We did have double the amount air freighted in to cover the mailing list, someone on the mailing list put the discount code and link on the hot deals website which caused customers such as you and others who had waited to not be able to purchase.

I'm so sorry that the person you got through to wasn't professional, not what we'd want at all - can you call me today on 02920 866 429? I'm here until 5:30pm.

Last edited:
Nooooooo I’ve been following this thread for ages and missed out on being on the list??? Is it to late?

The product will now be in Halfords stores in the next few weeks.

I know I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but am I the only one to notice that a lot of new members joining haven't made any contribution what so ever and their first post is in the 512GW forum to claim a discount.
They couldn't be bothered to join before and add to the community discussions or even say hello. As for the numpty who posted the 512GWRC discount code on Hot UK Deals, he's screwed over lots of genuine members.

That's my rant over :eek::eek::eek:

I know I haven't been a member of this forum for long, but am I the only one to notice that a lot of new members joining haven't made any contribution what so ever and their first post is in the 512GW forum to claim a discount.
They couldn't be bothered to join before and add to the community discussions or even say hello. As for the numpty who posted the 512GWRC discount code on Hot UK Deals, he's screwed over lots of genuine members.

It is what it is. Fact of the matter is that a few of us lurkers have had our 512GWs for a while too, some of us on the basis that there would be a rear camera available.

I've personally been following this thread for a while, but only created an account in the last few days to see if a user needed my spare before Nextbase could get some more stock in.

I'm a member of several forums, but to be honest, I had no reason to join a forum dedicated to dashcams when there's motoring forums out there with dashcam sections.

Should we not be eligibile for discounts too, given we've been waiting just as long, and the delay has been ridiculous to say the least?

Just my two pence :)

Cannot help but notice that the people now complaining on this forum registered on 9th, 10th 11th June 2018. What a surprise! If you are legit and you have followed the forum then you would have known that you needed to 'make yourself known' by registering much sooner. Sadly some have abused the privilege offered by NextBase by selling their 512GW rear cam on eBay at grossly inflated prices. Moreover the posting of the offer on Hot Deals website has clearly resulted in NextBase being overwhelmed with calls. Just glad I'm not one of those dealing with the calls. I would be very grumpy.

Cannot help but notice that the people now complaining on this forum registered on 9th, 10th 11th June 2018. What a surprise! If you are legit and you have followed the forum then you would have known that you needed to 'make yourself known' by registering much sooner. Sadly some have abused the privilege offered by NextBase by selling their 512GW rear cam on eBay at grossly inflated prices. Moreover the posting of the offer on Hot Deals website has clearly resulted in NextBase being overwhelmed with calls. Just glad I'm not one of those dealing with the calls. I would be very grumpy.

Or by emailing Nextbase to be put on the mailing list.. which I did..

Someone on Hot UK Deals has stated he is going to sell his rear camera on for a profit.

Looks like I've missed the rear camera too! I confess I'm another lurker, I found the forum after googling availability in March (my local Halfords advised me to buy the 512GW and come back a few days later to buy the rear camera, which they said would definitely be in stock within a week!). I've been checking here every 2 or 3 days since.

I wish I'd bought another camera now.

There is always one with more money than sense who will.

@NextBase Tiffany - Apologies Kieran/Ryan, I didn't give you my name for your log when I just called about a potential problem with the rear camera on the 512 disconnecting. I am going to run further tests over the coming week and will get back in contact with you either way. Thank you both.

@NextBase Tiffany - The latest issue. Turned on ignition, "Recording" announced followed 5 seconds later by the announcement "Recording stopped". (Rear camera PIP showing this time so can't be a power loss).

I didnt post on here but I was on the mailing list right from the start. and thanks to nextbase I got one sent to me on friday 1st june. it great works a treat

why didnt nextbase go through the orders and only sell to those whos email addresses were on their mailing list like mine and others. I was one of the lucky ones and had one sent to me. thank you Karen at nextbase. the rear cam is great and I have left feedback on trustpilot.

@inagrump we only sent the code and link to the correct page to utilise that code to the people on the waiting list.

Someone on the waiting list shared the code and private link with hot deals.

I’m glad you received yours, thankful almost everybody was able to purchase one. Thank you so much for the Trust Pilot review we do appreciate the feedback.

Just installed my, price reduced, rear cam and I am having problems with the firmware.
I have updated to R21.6, the wifi option just will not work - I can get it to go into wifi and it starts to uplaod video but then locks up, I am then unable to operate the system at all, my only option is to press reset to get it operating again.
Also when first operating after removiong power the unit goes into a loop and keeps giving my verbal announcement "recording" once unit is shut down and restarted it seems to record correctly.
has anyone else got these problems or is it only me!

I’ve not tried uploading with WiFi but your recording announcement problem when powering on is similar to my post, above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back