Connect via Wi-Fi

MOOSE_db

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Received my Blackvue 900s last week and trying to connect via WiFi from my Android phone (Version 9).

The instructions and details online just say "open your WiFi connection and it's there". No it isn't.

I have updated the firmware for the device, the voice says WiFi is on and the WiFi light is on on the end of the device (I have also tried with it off).

I sent my Blackvue back and got a replacement. This one is exactly the same.

HELP

Try other phone. Also look for this issue here, some users discussed it.

Here you go.

Last edited:
My "device" ( tablet) needs to be disconnected from any other connection first.. then, select the Blackvue from the available connections. So, my process (for my 650) is to turn on the WiFi.. disconnect from any connection on my tablet.. and then, from the list of available connections select my Blackvue.. Mind they need to be reasonably close to each other.. the range of the Blackvue WiFi is not very far.

And it might take quite a few 10s of seconds after switching wifi on before it appears in your lists wifi list.

It does yes, but I only have 2x 750 and they connect at 2.4GHz. I was only warning of a possible long delay before the cam shows in the phone's wifi list
You also have to accept the warning about no Internet connection.

Are you using a VPN on your phone? One thing I learned, if your VPN is on, it'll NEVER connect to your dashcam as the VPN expects to go through it's network, which it cannot reach via your dashcam. Turn off the VPN and viola, it's magic, a connection.

If he doesn't even see the Wifi in the list of found APs, then it has nothing to do with VPN.

I have a feeling that mikey94025 above is on the likely track. I thought that his comment was 'aimed' at me, but now realise that it was aimed at MOOSE who hasn't been back.

but now realise that it was aimed at MOOSE who hasn't been back.
It's always annoying when the conversation continues without feedback from the original poster.

Back