Connect Viofo A129 pro duo to Blackvue b-124X

JackDil

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I bought a blackvue b-124x and i am looking for a new dashcam. I prefer the Viofo A129 pro duo. How can i connect the dashcam to the battery pack? It seems i must buy the hardware kit for the viofo or thinkware and then solder it to the cable delivered with the blackvue? Or can i just plugging the dashcam in the cigarette lighter female socket of the battery pack?

Thank you!

The hardwire kit not only serves to deliver power, but also as a switch for low power cut off, and a trigger for parking mode.
You should wire the A129 Pro to the HK3 hardwire kit, the hardwire kit's batt and ground to your battery pack, and the ACC to your cars ACC.

@xiongguoy
Are you sure the ground of the power pack is connected straight to the ground of a car? (input's ground to the output's ground) Because if it's separated you can destroy the 3-wire kit or even the camera by different potential.

The battery packs has 4-pin connector and one of them should be the "ACC" info as well.

No, I said HK3 batt (red) and ground (black) goes to battery pack, acc (yellow) goes to car's acc.
If you battery pack has a bypass for acc then sure.

Thank you for the replies. So i need to cut the hardwire kit in the middle and remove the black voltage instrument. I guess there will be a red, black and yellow cable that will come out of the black wire (right one), that's the one that i will need to connect to the battery pack to get it all working. Am i right?

1581369213768.png

Nope, you are wrong. The 3-wire kit manages also step-down conversion to 5V for power and 3.3V ACC signal.
If you want to connect it directly, you need MOLEX 43645 connector and crimp the input wires from the 3-wire kit (or different step-down converters).

No, I said HK3 batt (red) and ground (black) goes to battery pack, acc (yellow) goes to car's acc.
If you battery pack has a bypass for acc then sure.
That’s my point. :rolleyes: In order to “have” a voltage you need two wires with different potentials. If those grounds are isolated (don’t know, could be) the potentials will be more/less different...

Last edited:
So i only need to connect both cables with each other and let the middle part with the voltage control intact? Connect the red cable to the yellow one and after that connect the other yellow cable with the red one and black with black.

Back