Connecting A129 Duo to HomeLink Mirror

veblen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone, I'm new and am glad I found this forum. I almost got a Vantrue N2 Pro but am relieved I did more research and found you guys.

I've pretty much decided on the A129 Duo (I don't know if I should wait for the IR version) and plan to connect it to my HomeLink rearview mirror using either the Invisicord or this adapter. However, I understand the A129 Duo uses a 10-pin mini-USB for power---is this correct? If so, has anyone here used their HomeLink mirror to power the A129? And is there a shorter power cable I could buy (I've had no luck finding one) instead of using the one that Viofo provides? The included cable will be too long if I'm drawing power from my mirror.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi everyone, I'm new and am glad I found this forum. I almost got a Vantrue N2 Pro but am relieved I did more research and found you guys.

I've pretty much decided on the A129 Duo (I don't know if I should wait for the IR version) and plan to connect it to my HomeLink rearview mirror using either the Invisicord or this adapter. However, I understand the A129 Duo uses a 10-pin mini-USB for power---is this correct? If so, has anyone here used their HomeLink mirror to power the A129? And is there a shorter power cable I could buy (I've had no luck finding one) instead of using the one that Viofo provides? The included cable will be too long if I'm drawing power from my mirror.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Power is a 5 pin. The rear camera connector is a 10 pin.

Why not just get the Viofo 3-wire kit so you can use the new parking mode should you want to? Running a wire up from the fuse box is fairly simple.

Back