Connecting DDpai M6+ to phone

Roger Barker

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
I read in the set up instructions to connect camera to phone. As there is only one place on the camera and phone to plug something into I guess I now need another USB cable with a mini usb plug at each end? Hope I’m right in this.

Cheers, Roger

I read in the set up instructions to connect camera to phone. As there is only one place on the camera and phone to plug something into I guess I now need another USB cable with a mini usb plug at each end? Hope I’m right in this.

Cheers, Roger

by connect to the phone I'd think they are referring to wifi, using the phone app

Thank for your reply. I have powered up the camera and then opened the app on the phone. Phone display shows an opening scene and then gets into the app. I now have the possibility of looking at about 6 sort videos starting with installing the phone in the car etc. Where do I find the part that lets me access the camera to set it up?

Cheers, Roger

Second icon from the left along the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

no. FIRST goto your phones WIFI settings and look for your camera. it will be something like Vv_Ddpai.... or something like that.

password is 1234567890

once you are connect "NOW" open the app.

Thanks for your help guys - we're getting somewhere. Found the camera in the Wi Fi and entered password - all ok. Next I opened the app and went to the bottom of the screen where I found the second item from the left to be the camera but it's greyed out. Selecting it just tells me no camera selected. Tired going through the whole process again but still no luck.

Thanks for your help guys - we're getting somewhere. Found the camera in the Wi Fi and entered password - all ok. Next I opened the app and went to the bottom of the screen where I found the second item from the left to be the camera but it's greyed out with message - Please select the camera first. Selecting it just tells me no camera selected. Tired going through the whole process again but still no luck.

Cheers, Roger

Had to buy myself an Android and it seems to be working well - fingers crossed :)

iOS or Android?
Still can't get camera running so thought I'd have one more go before giving up. Camera plugged in and the two messages received so it's ready to go. Next I call up the app on my android phone and it opens fine but after a couple of seconds I get the message - can't find a camera. Anyone got any ideas or should I call it quits?

Cheers, Roger

Just wondered, are you sitting in the car where the Dashcam is sited as you are doing all this?

Is your wifi on?

Yes, I'm sitting the my car and wifi on but you have got me thinking. As the phone is new I'm going to take it into the shop tomorrow and get them to check it over.

Thanks for suggestions.

Cheers, Roger

Presuming you have a smartphone (I use a Samsung Note4), you have to connect the camera via wi-fi. Go to your wi-fi page on your phone, find DDpai and connect. The password is 1234567890. When it is connected you can access the camera and modify all the setting to your own preferences.
If that password does not work then try 0123456789.

Last edited:
Hi, I've have tried many times to get my smartphone talking to the camera with no luck. However, this said, your suggestion to use the other log in number may be the answer so will give this a go when next in town. Out here in the country our wifi is non exsistant so towns the place to test it.

Thanks again, Roger

Erm.. I think you are confused as to how wifi works or confusing wifi with cell signal. The camera has it's own wifi. It creates it's own network... you could be on the moon and your phone should see it's wifi signal. It's a peer to peer network. You should see a network name similar to yyycamerayyy.

Hi Hawkeye, what you say sound like the real thing and explains a lot - I've been way off mark :)

I'm feeling really confident now and will give all this a run through tomorrow.

Many thanks, Roger

Things are looking good. Have managed to have a test run with the camera operating and even managed to download the video it took onto my Mac. Now to find out what program will let me stitch them all together and possibly do some editing.

Cheers, Roger

Back