Connecting front and rear DDPai M6+ into the app

Rip.Vega

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have the excellent DDPai M6+ fitted in both front and rear screens.

The app suggests that it's possible to combine the two cameras into the app to be viewed/connected to at the same time.

This involves 5 simultaneous successive presses of the remote buttons.

I have attempted this numerous times without success.

Anyone here got it to work? What may I be missing that would make this work?

From the response I received from DDPai, it would seem that it can't be done with 2 DDPai M6+.

Thanks for your inquiry and choosing our products.

WIFI front and rear camera connection only workes for ONE M6plus and ONE MINI, M6 plus was regards as master device to connect MINI via WIFI. Because our company products desigen ideas is don't waste our customer money and try to let their old DDpai product have more usage.

Mini is our entry level wifi car camera, when customer upgrade their DDpai camera to M6 plus, Mini could be worked as rear camera rather than sleep in the box.

So currently, Front and Rear wifi connection didn't work for two M6 plus, but we will keep update.

From the response I received from DDPai, it would seem that it can't be done with 2 DDPai M6+.

Thanks for your inquiry and choosing our products.

WIFI front and rear camera connection only workes for ONE M6plus and ONE MINI, M6 plus was regards as master device to connect MINI via WIFI. Because our company products desigen ideas is don't waste our customer money and try to let their old DDpai product have more usage.

Mini is our entry level wifi car camera, when customer upgrade their DDpai camera to M6 plus, Mini could be worked as rear camera rather than sleep in the box.

So currently, Front and Rear wifi connection didn't work for two M6 plus, but we will keep update.

Wow, thanks. Their response is kind of hilarious, although there should be no reason they can't get this to work.

Yes, I agree it should be possible, though work on an update will be largely driven by demand. I'm not sure if it's possible to link the remote buttons. I've tried without success. That alone would be a welcomed feature.

The one thing that puzzled me is why they went for the metallic brown colour. I've disassembled mine and repainted them satin black. Much better and less obvious.

Yes, I agree it should be possible, though work on an update will be largely driven by demand. I'm not sure if it's possible to link the remote buttons. I've tried without success. That alone would be a welcomed feature.

The one thing that puzzled me is why they went for the metallic brown colour. I've disassembled mine and repainted them satin black. Much better and less obvious.

The app. actually tells you how to link the remotes, and I succeeded once, but factory reset to resolve another issue. I agree the color is weird. I might paint the whole thing black too, but for now, just used perm. marker to make the red ring black.

I thought the 5 simultaneous remote presses was to link both cameras into the same app for PIP.

Are you saying it's just to combine the remotes?

If so, I'll give it another go.

I thought the 5 simultaneous remote presses was to link both cameras into the same app for PIP.

Are you saying it's just to combine the remotes?

If so, I'll give it another go.

Initially I hoped the 5-click thing would lead to enabling the front/rear link, but I was only able to combine the remotes. That said, my success was limited to the first night of testing. I might give it another shot since I have ideas on where the firmware might be getting hung up.

So it seems you can only use the PIP feature if you also own a DDPai mini as well as the M6Plus. I've been looking online but there are two versions of the Mini. Assuming the Mini 2 is the latest is this the one to purchase so I can hotspot to the M6 Plus and get PIP in my live view feed ?

I would suggest not. The Mini2 only launched recently, i believe they mean the original Mini ?

Yep Mini 2 isn't compatible it seems. So I'll look for a mini 1

Yep Mini 2 isn't compatible it seems. So I'll look for a mini 1
Sorry to confuse our buyers,DDPAI M6 Plus can not work together M6 Plus,can not together Mini 2,these two modules are same chipest Hi3156D;
M6 plus can work with Mini 1, X1,M4,M6C Module to get PIP function,which use Hi31566C chipest;

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 18
S M6 plus ( M4 plus ) 0
Back