connecting garmin 55 to smart tv

kalem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im new to dash cams and the forum and im now wondering if its possible to connect the garmin 55 to my lg smart tv to view footage via the usb port with the supplied cable ,or any other means to view on tv, thanks

Not possible. If your smart TV has an SD card slot, take the card out of 55 and put it in TV.

Yes your best choice will be to transfer footage to USB stick, or you might be able to connect a USB card reader to the TV and then put the memory card in that.
Many dashcams make up for lousy mass storage devises, often you cant even play the footage off the camera without the steam lagging.

If your TV have a memoory card slot its probably a regular SD slot and not micro SD like most dashcams use, in that case you can use a micro -> SD adapter that often come with a new memory card.

I'm able to watch videos on my Samsung Smart TV by screen casting from my Samsung Note 3 - I can connect my Rexing dashcam to my phone using USB OTG and watch the videos straightaway. I'm sure the LG Smart TV has some feature like that.

Plugged my garmin 55 into the usb port on LG smart tv and using the tvs built in smartshare app i can veiw all my footage in glorious HD,

Back