connecting my phone to the u100o help please,

sut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all

i would like some help please, im new to all this but have just installed my new u1000 to my car today and tried to connect my phone andriod bu really struggled.

i did managed to connect my phone but got confused,, while connecting i had to select the thinkware connection in my phones wifi setting but when doing this i am then disconnecting my phone from my home interent ? this seems wrong. i then reconnected to my phones home wifi and lost the u1000 connection,

whats the best way to connect straight wifi or hotspot ? and whats the differeence between the 2 ?

how do i get and check my events from the camera when it detects a dump or the radar goes off or go to live view when im at work and want to check as my wars car park is terrible,

thank you for any help sut

Sorry your question needs a lot of writing that i don't have the time to do today! Hotspot method it the best though and that has to be used to get the Cloud features working. I will try and elaborate more next week....

Reactions: sut
Sorry your question needs a lot of writing that i don't have the time to do today! Hotspot method it the best though and that has to be used to get the Cloud features working. I will try and elaborate more next week....
hi

sorry to ask again but are you able if you have time to help with this or anyone else able please,

thanks
sut

I don't have android but basically what you're doing is:

connect phone to the camera's wifi
once this is done you have control of the camera and while connected you add ANOTHER hotspot.
So you're not connecting DIRECTLY to the desired hotspot, but VIA the connection between phone & camera (ie in the app)
Try reading the manual again, I know it's maybe no so clearly explained, but if you take the time it will become clear

if you only want to connect to the camera to control it then use diret wifi of camera
If you want to be able to use cloud, then you have to connect it to a mobile hotspot (and/or home wifi)

hi

i have connected the camera to my phone via my phones hotspot but i have to be honest i have seen no differeence than just connecting via the wifi connection.
am i doing something wrong ?
once the camera is connected via the hotspot i seem to be able to access all the same stuff and info.

am i missing something i was hoping i would get notifactions to my phone and things like that,

thanks
sut

once yo have connected via your phone's hotspot, you must add a SECOND hotspot.
This second hotspot will have to remain in the car to keep a connection with the camera.
Only then will you be able to access the camera from a distance with your phone.

(a second hotspot can also be your home or work wifi, so you'll get notices when parked there)

thanks
how easy is it to create a second mobile hotspot in my car and what is the cheapest although good signal items to buy and do it with,
i would do it via my companys free wifi but they change passwords each month and im not sure how good the signal would be from the offices into the car park.
so if it cost effective may do better to setup a mobile hotspot in the car itself,

thanks
sut

I have this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B011YM0QC4
the batter lasts about 24hrs . (though I have it hardwired to my battery pack so it lasts longer)

as to a subscription; you'd have to check yourself as no idea what's available in the UK
You don't really need a lot of data if it's only to get alerts on the phone and the occasional live feed

I have this one : https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B011YM0QC4
the batter lasts about 24hrs . (though I have it hardwired to my battery pack so it lasts longer)

as to a subscription; you'd have to check yourself as no idea what's available in the UK
You don't really need a lot of data if it's only to get alerts on the phone and the occasional live feed
thank you

that looks great although i would have to figure out how to hardwire it. i dont want a battery pack in my car as have concerns on it catching fire. if it can be hardwired though i assume its only a live and negative so maybe i can splice it into the dash cam wiring itself

yes just piggy back on a fuse

a battery pack is great though, especially to avoid putting a strain on the car battery.
i've never hard of one catching fire ...

Back