connecting viofo a119 v2 to fuse box instead of cigarette socket

edenbensal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I've Mitsubishi mirage 2014 made in Thailand with viofo a119 v2 dash cam installed. currently the dash cam connected to the cigarette socket.
i want to connect it to the fuse box.
this hardwire kit should do the job?
i dont want to buy it directly from viofo site because the shipping cost to my country is high, so i prefer buy it from ebay or aliexpress.

The 3-wire version is recommended, because you can set the cut off voltage to better protect the car battery. Also it gives better parking mode switching.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/123597690979

im looking for a cheaper solution. i don't need the parking mode.
im only care about freeing up the cigarette socket and make the cable more organize.

Just tab the camera's +(positive) wire to +(positive) wire of cigarette socket behind panel. Negative wire of camera can be attach to ground anywhere convenient.
Remember that the camera is 5 volt, you need the voltage adaptor!

Just tab the camera's +(positive) wire to +(positive) wire of cigarette socket behind panel. Negative wire of camera can be attach to ground anywhere convenient.
i dont know if i be able to get behind the socket panel. this is why im looking for the hardwire kit. it seems to be easier to do (i guess).
Remember that the camera is 5 volt, you need the voltage adaptor!
the hardwire kit in the first message the i've attached have the adaptor built in?

Some of the cheap 2 wire hard wire kits can be flaky some might even destroy your dashcam.

I am not familiar with the viofo cameras, but if they are like the later SG cameras / power supplies you can cut off the cigarette plug and then hard wire the 12 V side of the PSU to a fuse box, this way if you don't want parking modes but just want clean install / free cigarette lighter plug on dash, you get a free " hard wire" kit from the factory.
But this of course only work if its the PSU on the wire kind of setup.

Some of the cheap 2 wire hard wire kits can be flaky some might even destroy your dashcam.

I am not familiar with the viofo cameras, but if they are like the later SG cameras / power supplies you can cut off the cigarette plug and then hard wire the 12 V side of the PSU to a fuse box, this way if you don't want parking modes but just want clean install / free cigarette lighter plug on dash, you get a free " hard wire" kit from the factory.
But this of course only work if its the PSU on the wire kind of setup.

i will need to check that. you meant to cut the long USB cable, right?

Newer camera have the 12 V to 5 volt PSU in a little box on the wire, some 50 cm or so from the cigarette plug, so this way you can cut off the lighter plug and then hard wire with a piggy back fuse.
Older power supplies had the 12 V to 5 V happen in the cigarette lighter plug itself, so much harder to hardware with that and most had to get a hard wire kit.

You of course do not want to send 12 V into a 5 Volt camera, so you have to cut on the 12 V / cigarette plug side of the PSU box, the 2 wires on that side should be red for +12 volt and black for ground ( - 12 V )

Back