Connection to base intermittent

Z-ster

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I've discovered the connection to the mounting base has become very loose and is causing intermitted electrical connection problems, which cause the cam to power off and them power on again when the connections is reestablished.
Physically the cam is very loose when sitting in the base. I suspect this is do to some sun exposure as I've only removed the cam from the base less than six times since installing it in mid Jan (approximately 6 weeks ago).

Only the front cam is having intermittent connectivity problem. The rear cam is physically loose but not as much as the front cam. However, both of these were very tight fitting when first installed.

I have two of these cams and I also purchased 2 more for my brother in law who has yet to install them. I've looked through the forum but it doesn't appear that anyone else has reported such a problem

Is any one else having this problem, and how have you resolved it?

Thanks in advance,
John.

I don't think there's too may people using this model as yet so maybe not enough to know if this is going to be a common problem or not

Thanks for your response.

The mounting base does appear to be very similar to the previous model so I'm a little surprised that it's having this issue as it does appear to be the base that's at fault.
I will inspect it more closely over the weekend and response back with any findings.

Thanks
John.

Ok, I've discovered that one of the pins on the base module (first from the bottom in the pic below) is bent. I believe this is what is causing my intermitted connectivity problem.
I can get the cam to switch off and on by applying pressure on the cam while it's in the base.

I wanted to ask if this pic can be repaired or does the base module need replacing.

Thanks for any advice
Cheers
John.
Base_Mini0826.png

Ok, I've discovered that one of the pins on the base module (first from the bottom in the pic below) is bent. I believe this is what is causing my intermitted connectivity problem.
I can get the cam to switch off and on by applying pressure on the cam while it's in the base.

I wanted to ask if this pic can be repaired or does the base module need replacing.

Thanks for any advice
Cheers
John.

Well, you could always try using a needle nose pliers to see if you can carefully bend the pin back into place. If it fails or you bleep it up, you're no worse off than when you started.

Well, you could always try using a needle nose pliers to see if you can carefully bend the pin back into place. If it fails or you bleep it up, you're no worse off than when you started.

the pins aren't solid so pretty easy to damage, not easy to repair at all, not a lot to lose if it's already broken though I guess

Actually, the module is held together with screws. The thing to do would be to open it up and try to repair it from the inside.

Thanks guys,

I will have to open it in order to repair it.
Also the pin is not bent, it's loose. I can move it back into it's original position just like the remaining pins but it will move back to the position in the picture with almost no force.
A bit like a very loose tooth :) it can be moved back and forth with little to no effort.

Thanks.

Thanks guys,

I will have to open it in order to repair it.
Also the pin is not bent, it's loose. I can move it back into it's original position just like the remaining pins but it will move back to the position in the picture with almost no force.
A bit like a very loose tooth :) it can be moved back and forth with little to no effort.

Thanks.

Hi Z-ster,

I have a couple of spare 0826 GPS mounts lying around. Sampled but fully functional. Send me a PM and for the cost of postage i'll get one to you.

Thanks for the offer Chris,
I'll have a crack at fixing it first and if that fails I'll send you a PM to see if your offer still stands.
Much appreciated.

Cheers
John.

Did you ever manage to repair it ?
I have exactly the same issue :(

Nah, never got around to fixing it. Currently only using the rear camera.
I also installed new Samsung EVO microSD cars as I was running the SanDisk which I believe can cause Intermittent problems.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0826 5
richardkhill Mini 0826 7
Back