Consecutive Files - Some Overlap, Other Missing Video

steamship

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
NextBase 512GW
I was over in England at the start of the month for a car meet. I like to use the dashcam footage so that people who didn't get to the meet can at least see some of the scenery.

This is the first time I've used the 512GW for it, and I noticed an issue with the recordings. With some files, there is a visible overlap between the end of one and the start of the next e.g. a car approaching at the end of a clip is further away at the start of the next clip. That wouldn't be an issue if that is how the dashcam works, but it is also missing video. This looks like someone has cut a piece out of the clip. Now the dashcam should be doing neither, overlapping or skipping, not a combination of them. I should state that I'm also using a 64GB class 10 card, as specified.

I've put a video up in Youtube which exhibit the problems. You can see the overlap issue at the 3:08 mark. Start it around the 3 minute mark, and as the car goes rounds a left hand bend, there is a SOLD sign at the junction. You then see it again at 3:09. An example of it skipping video is at the 18:12 mark. At the 18:10 mark, there are three sets of four posts spaced out at the side of the road. There is also a cyclist coming the opposite direction. At the 18:12 mark, the cyclist disappears and the cars have all moved further along.

The firmware on the dashcam is the one prior to the current release (with the option of not having LO files). I have the firmware to remove the logo, but haven't used it yet.

"This video is unavailable"

Back