Considering a new dashcam

Yes, it should work this way with or without the hardwire kit. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but all cams I'm aware of work this way.

Phil

Yes, it should work this way with or without the hardwire kit. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but all cams I'm aware of work this way.

Phil

Gotcha, thanks. As for the GPS for the A129, where is it located? Is there a non-GPS version of this duo camera?

My review Vantrue shipped from KY. Perhaps someone has set up an American warehouse there? I dunno.

The GPS is in the mount. Not sure if a non-GPS version is offered with the A129 but it was for the A119 and A119S.

Phil

There seem to be a bunch of sellers that ship out of Walton, KY. I have heard of none of them. Those listings are suspicious to me, but don’t know for sure.

I just realized that that link is only for the front cam of the A129, which is why it's cheaper. I don't understand the point of selling just the A129 front cam alone though. It looks like they're trying to catch customers off-guard with their listings. If you don't read the fine print below, you would assume that it is for the whole A129 package (both cameras).

My review Vantrue shipped from KY. Perhaps someone has set up an American warehouse there? I dunno.

The GPS is in the mount. Not sure if a non-GPS version is offered with the A129 but it was for the A119 and A119S.

Phil

In Viofos' website, it looks like you can include/exclude a GPS module for the A129. The difference is $10.

The A129 used singly offers 60FPS for the front cam, which drops to 30FPS when the rear cam is added. Thus using the front cam singly offers a performance benefit for those who do not want a rear cam. The 2-channel model is called the "A129 Duo" which might help you sort out these from the single A129 cam. Thanks for the GPS info.

Phil

The A129 used singly offers 60FPS for the front cam, which drops to 30FPS when the rear cam is added. Thus using the front cam singly offers a performance benefit for those who do not want a rear cam. The 2-channel model is called the "A129 Duo" which might help you sort out these from the single A129 cam. Thanks for the GPS info.

Phil

Ohhh, I see. I thought there was only one A129 model. That makes more sense. Thanks.

So if I buy the A129 duo, the hardwire kit, and a good SD card will I be all set for the installation to my car? Or do I need more accessories for hardwiring it to the fusebox?

Ohhh, I see. I thought there was only one A129 model. That makes more sense. Thanks.

So if I buy the A129 duo, the hardwire kit, and a good SD card will I be all set for the installation to my car? Or do I need more accessories for hardwiring it to the fusebox?
Just be sure to get fuse taps for the hardwire kit. If you buy the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit, then you will need 2 fuse taps.

Just be sure to get fuse taps for the hardwire kit. If you buy the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit, then you will need 2 fuse taps.

Any recommendations for fuse taps? Or are these generally available everywhere? Sorry, you can tell that I don't have experience with cars. I'll surely have these professionally installed here.

Any recommendations for fuse taps? Or are these generally available everywhere? Sorry, you can tell that I don't have experience with cars. I'll surely have these professionally installed here.
You'll need to know your cars fuse type, then match with the correct fuse taps.

Pick up fuse taps locally. I bought a package of Lumision Micro2 Fuse taps from Amazon which are the correct type for my car. These would not seat in the fuse slots and I had to return them. I had to stop with the install and run down to the local auto parts and buy another pack, these worked perfectly. I would grab a fuse puller, too, makes extracting the fuses much easier.

Back