Considering to purchase A129 DUO, but need your help first

turkayguner

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Hello guys,

I am looking for a dual channel dash cam solution for my car for a while. After digging in many youtube videos, comments and many many forum posts, I still cannot be sure if this is the cam I should go for.

1- Some people say that the g-sensor in parking mode still do not work properly.

2- Some people say that the front and/or the rear cameras have some focusing issues.

3- I have found some youtube videos that some units are effected by heat and get deformed due to cheap plastics used for the camera bodies.

4- Some say that it is not possible to use parking mode fully functional if the power cable is connected to GPS mount. Both cables have to be connected to the side of the front cam which causes cables overlap each other which is not ideal.

I need you guys to comment for my concerns if these are some well-known problems or just some early production issues or well just some random cases or they have been fixed.

By the way, I also am open for any other dual channel dash cam recommendations.

I need the cams read license plates just ok.
I need parking mode function working reliably.
My budget is around $200 max.
Thanks.

3 that most happen when users use a sun screen on the inside of their windscreen, and so trap the dashcam in between that and the glass, and that small space get really hot.
2 that can be a problem in some hot locations, but on the better brand cameras it should not really be much of a thing, and this was worse in the old days.
4 i think that have been fixed in later versions, of the cameras and mounts, but better verify with actual viofo users.
1 i don't know are not familiar with viofo cameras, besides when i do get to try parking mode i will use always record low bitrate

Living where you live using parking mode while parked in the sun might be impossible due to temperatures, the cameras can only tolerate so high temperatures, and as you know a car parked in the sun get very hot.

Can you guys link some footage from your a129 duos please? And please let me know the firmware version and the settings with it as well.

Back