Constant beeping! No video picture

Sam Brown

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, new to Dashcam Talk but believe i should be asking the question here!
Basically i've had my 522gw cam for 14mths with no issues until yesterday, i switched ignition on and unit wouldnt open up (just blue screen) and constant beeping! Took SD card out thinking this was the problem but it wasnt, then tried to switch it of but its as if it frozen and continues to beep!
Only way i could get it to stop/shut down was to press the re-set button, but then when you fire it up the whole process begins again...no video/blue scree/ constant bleeping!
Any idea guys cause I'm at a loss and its conveniently packed in 2 mths outside its warranty!

Hello Sam,

Welcome to the forum.

Please try the below:
1. Remove the cable from the camera.
2. Wait for the camera to die.
3. Plug the camera back in.
4. Press the reset button on the underside of the camera (not the on/off button).
5. Make sure the SD card is not inside the camera.
6. Press the on button. Does it now turn on normally?

If so, please can I know the firmware version on the camera and the SD card brand, model, size and class that you're using?

Kind regards,
Millie

Nextbase Technical Support

Well done Millie, followed what you said and camera now fires up and records!
Thank you so much
Sam Brown

@Sam Brown if i was you i would keep extra keen eyes on the system performance in the days to come, far too many forget their system after initial install, and that can be most unfortunate.
On a computer it dont take many minutes to look over a memory card, it is a good habit to adopt and those minutes spent every month or 2 are well spent in the end.

When i inspect memory cards i look for first and last files in drive sessions, and for them to start / end in reasonable places and not just some miles down the road.
I then play those for a few seconds to make sure they are playable, then after that i do the same short playback of random files on the memory card.

If you use parking guard, make sure to also inspect those files, some cameras put them in a separate folder. Same go for event files.

It take me 5 - 10 minutes to look over a large 256 GB memory card.

The memory card are often the weak link, even if it is pretty new and from a most excellent brand.

Well done Millie, followed what you said and camera now fires up and records!
Thank you so much
Sam Brown
Hi Sam,

Great news! If you could help me with the following troubleshooting, we'll ensure it doesn't happen again:

1. What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
2. When and where was the SD card purchased please?
3. How often is the card usually formatted please?
4. Do you also have a rear camera please?

Thanks!
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P 522GW 2
H 522GW 3
Back