Constant record in parking mode.

jmdnnlln

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As the title suggests, I got into my car this morning to find the Viofo beeping and hot. When I looked at the footage it appears that the camera has been continuously recording throughout the night. Now I'm bench testing the camera and have noticed it's simply not turning off when it should. I have re booted the latest firmware from Viofo, reset to default and set up parking mode again. But it just keep recording, stopping then recording again with no movement in the FOV. So as I write this the camera has shut off, then restated recording continuously, it's facing the wall?? Incidentally I have it hardwired into the car with the 3 wire option. Is it better to leave the camera in motion detect continuously? Also has someone produced the 'Ideal setup' for settings within these cameras, I have followed a Youtube video but to no avail.

Last edited:
constant recording are fine and what it should do if you have selected low bitrate constant recording,,,,,, which are also what i would use for parking mode.
Other parking mode options might be time lapse with between 1 - 5 FPS, this are also sort of a okay mode but it dont have sound, which can be interesting.
There are also the G-sensor and motion trigger, but that require a prebuffer so you have on record what trigggered the event, otherwise you can loose a few seconds in the camera waking up and start to record.
So really IMO the best parking guard are low bitrate always recording ( or whatever it might be called in the camera of yours )
If you are using that you should be able to see on the properties of a recording that it is made with much smaller bitrate, so parking recordings should also be smaller than regular recordings.
you do not want to use motion detect, cuz then your camera probably record using the regular bitrate, and depending on where you park it will record all the time.

Other viofo owners will probably chime in soon, i dont have one of those myself so cant tell for sure.

Thanks Kmcar1. There is no bitrate setting on this dashcam, I have now bench tested the Motion activation but I getting the same results constant activation even though it cant 'see' any movement. I've just opened a 'ticket' with Viofo to see what they think. My last dash came just came on when driving and off with ignition, I'm starting to think all this parking mode, and motion detection are too inaccurate or the technology is still in it's infancy to be really useful. TBH I only bought this model for the aforementioned tech, and I'm probably expecting too much. Looks like Viofo will be getting it returned before long!

Yes in 99% of dashcams motion detect are too sensitive, and the rest it barely work, really not many in here will argue for using motion detect for parking mode.
It normally work fine in CCTV cameras i know cuz i use it on the camera i have aimed at my car where it is parked, and anything human sized make my tablet buzz.

I have not yet gotten around to use parking mode and hard wire, but i will get to soon, i plan on using 12.2 volts cur off ( to be sure ) and then a timer of 30 minutes to 1 hour as that will take care of all my shopping, and pretty much elsewhere where i park at home or my friends place there are CCTV.
And then i will be using the low bitrate always recording when parked cuz that have audio too which time lapse modes don't.

But i think since you don't have low bitrate parking mode, then your firmware on the camera are probably a older version, i think that have been out for the newer viofo cameras for some months now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arium A119 PRO 9
Back