Constant Recording

ChicagoJim

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have the 750 in my car with the Magic Power device hard wired. The camera stays on for the 6 hours but it is also CONSTANTLY recording! It just sits there recording parked on the street, in my garage, whatever. After 2 hours, my memory card is full and it starts overwriting. There are no impact events or any motion that should trigger it to record. How do I set this thing to only record while I am moving or during an event?

If the 750 is like the 650, & many indications say it's true, the motion detection is so ridiculously over-sensitive even on the lowest setting, things will just keep on recording as motion. So try turning motion detection completely off, and see if that helps for starters.

Interesting...I wonder if that's why my camera is only lasting two hours in park mode...mine recorded the whole time also. It was in my garage in complete darkness and continuously recorded...

Which direction is less sensitive? 1 or 10?

When I park my car inside my closed garage, there is no record at all.

My settings are :
- Motion détection : 2
- G sensor parking sensitivity : 9 (3 axes)
- G sensor normal sensitivity : 1 (3 axes)

Check if your "auto parking mode" parameter is set to ON
If not, I guess it will record constantly (never tried)

Thanks for the info. I just set sensitivity to 0. I'll let that run a few days and reassess

I set it to 0 and the damn thing keeps recording. I went to a restaurant and parked in the lot. After driving home, I connected to the dashcam only to find that the thing was recording NOTHING the whole time. I liked the fact the it had front/rear views but I should have learned from my first purchase that anything from Pittavue is CRAP!!!!

I read reviews and I should have bought the Garmin high end for the front view and put an inexpensive camera in the back window. If you are reading this researching what camera to buy, DO NOT BUY THIS PITTAVUE CRAP!!!! The cameras are crap. The settings are confusing. The instructions are convoluted to the point where they should not even exist. This stuff is garbage. I bought one and after being unhappy, decided to give them a second chance. BIG MISTAKE. Stay away!!!!

"How do I set this thing to only record while I am moving or during an event "

Turn parking mode off or switch the PMP off when you get out. it certainly wont record anything then.
If you want parking mode turn the impact settings down to 1 and motion detection to off.

Strange how you are having so much trouble and others arent. Maybe the IDtenT syndrome has struck

Garmin high end theres an oxymoron Card full in 2 hours What size is it a 32Gb card takes well over 6 hours to fill up

@Chicago.Jim don't blame Pittasoft if you don't know how to configure the dashcam.
Did you find the "auto parking mode" parameter.
Does the camera says "entering parking mode" after 5 minutes of inactivity?

What kind of files are recorded to fill te SD card ? Normal? Event? Parking?

Give more informations and we will be able to help you and find the issue.

When you say recording "nothing" does that mean you view a blank screen.. or, a landscape.. parking lot that does not appear to move? The 650 line sensitivity to movement is so good ( :) ) that it will detect even the blinking light of your alarm system... a leaf blowing in the wind 100 yards away.. I doubt the 750 line is any different. The 650 line goes into parking mode after "it" detects no movement either by the car not physically moving.. or from the GPS not showing movement.. I suspect the 750 line does the same.
As mentioned above the files are marked as to the event (in the Blackvue viewer app) they may not be marked in some third party viewer.

Finding ones way around the menus is terrible! So to answer some questions, when I said it was recording NOTHING, I was not clear. The camera WAS recording but there was NOTHING to record. No motion, no activity. My car was parked in my garage all last night and the camera was recording my garage wall for 6 hours until the PMP shut it off.

I had the parking mode setting to 0. The parking mode G-sensor settings were at the default, I believe 8. I just changed them to zero. I'm not sure if that is the issue. The event types it is recording is N. Normal. Why would it be running as normal? G-sensor settings are 2-up & down and 3 for side to side and front & back.

Regarding "auto parking mode parameter", I don't know if the term you are using is how it displays on the menus. I did find motion sensitivity settings.

I find the menus frustrating to navigate. Do most people use the WiFi connection or plug the SD card into a computer and use the app?

I don't know if "auto parking mode" is the right term, I've translated it from French.
I think this parameter is your problem.
The camera does not switch to parking mode.

You can use wifi app or blackvue software after inserting your SD card on PC computer.

On the SD card, you will find a text file with all parameters.
Please copy and paste the content of this file here, and I will tell you where is the mistake.

I did find the "auto parking mode" and it is set to ON. I am testing it on and off today. Thank you for theoffer to view the config file. Let's see what I can come up with for now.

I just let the device run in my garage. It continued to record with no activity for 30 minutes. When I play back the video, it looks like a TV not receiving a signal....all static. Perhaps it is seeing the blackness as movement? I'll rerun with the garage lights on. Below is my config as you requested. I left the SSID items off.

[Tab1]
TimeSet=0
SetTime=
TimeZone=-600
Daylight=1
GpsSync=1
ImageSetting=2
VideoQuality=0
NightVision=1
FrontBrightness=0
RearBrightness=0
NormalRecord=1
AutoParking=1
VoiceRecord=1
DateDisplay=1
SpeedUnit=1
RecordTime=1
LockEvent=0
OverwriteLock=0
RearRotate=0

[Tab2]
NORMALSENSOR1=2
NORMALSENSOR2=3
NORMALSENSOR3=3
PARKINGSENSOR1=0
PARKINGSENSOR2=0
PARKINGSENSOR3=0
MOTIONSENSOR=1

[Tab3]
RECLED=1
NORMALLED=1
PARKINGLED=1
RearLED=1
WifiLED=1
PSENSOR=0
STARTVOICE=1
NORMALSTARTVOICE=1
EVENTSTARTVOICE=0
CHANGERECORDMODEVOICE=1
ENDVOICE=1
SPEEDALERTVOICE=0
CLOUDVOICE=1
PARKINGEVENTVOICE=1
VOLUME=5
ScheduledReboot=1
ScheduledRebootTime=3
SpeedAlert=2
kmLimit=0
mileLimit=0
userString=

[Wifi]

[Tab2]
NORMALSENSOR1=20
NORMALSENSOR2=30
NORMALSENSOR3=30
PARKINGSENSOR1=80
PARKINGSENSOR2=80
PARKINGSENSOR3=80
MOTIONSENSOR=6

Try a test with the default for sensitivity and a value of 6 for the Motion Detection.

I'm able to park in a blackened driveway without any problems. The cam only records if anything drives by on the road a few meters away and then returns to "idle standby".

I just updated the saved ini file with your suggested settings. I am going to let it run in the lighted garage until 11:50 local (30 minutes) and see what I get. Then I'll update it with your suggested settings. Thanks.

The card is the standard 16GB card that comes with the unit. I do have a 128GB top end fast card ($350) I use in my DJI Phantom 4 drone but I though I read the max card size is 64GB

Unless the 128 or 64gb cards are rated as 'high endurance' (NOT high performance) they'll fail w/in a few weeks due to constant rewriting - which is the nature of both security & dash cams.

You can do fine with the 128GB, it's fully supported. But don't go beyond that size, it will cause corruption of files or not even being recognized by the camera.

I just left the car in the garage for a couple hours with parking mode on and the settings as recommended by jeez. I left the light on in the garage as I believe TOTAL darkness creates noise that the camera sees as movement.

About 30 minutes after turning the camera on, I walked around the car. I went back inside for about 30 minutes then walked around the car again, in the opposite direction. The cameras, both front and rear, picked up my motion and recorded it. They then stopped recording after a few minutes. Yay, it worked. I then went for a test ride and while backing out of my driveway, the camera announced that parking mode was off. Movement was detected. Yay again!

I still need to test the theory of total darkness noise being interperated as movement, which I think is the case. I'm running that now. I'll let it sit for an hour or so then see if there was any motion recording.

Also, I used the SD card from my Phanton Drone (128GB) which I am going to leave in for the time being.

Last edited:
Back