Constant Recording

As the Night Vision is a HDR-feature, it might be possible that it adds noise to the picture to enhance the brightness. And as such, the noise is interpreted by the motion detection as movement, thus not letting the camera "sleep" in parking mode, setting P-files all the time.

Following this thread as I have the same concerns (constant recording). Thanks!

Strange, my car is parked in total darkness with night vision activated, and I have no issue...
Anyway, I'm happy that you have fixed some issue :)

So perhaps you could apologise for reply 8 and admit to user error.

Far too many reef off before asking for assistance and blame the camera for their own inadequacies in exploring options in settings

Another thing is use a PC to do it as WIFI for some reason doesnt always work

Post 8? The one before post 9 referring to the IDtenT error? I Googled that and found the answer "I know you are but what am I?" ;)

I will admit I am figuring this thing out but, having written computer code in the past, Pittavue should be writing apps that are a lot less convoluted than it is. I've been in IT since the days of dial-up BBSs' so I think I am beyond ID10T's. I don't think it is as much "error" as it is complexity of the configuration. Also, based on your signature line, you seem to have been using these for a long time and I am willing to bet you went through some trial and error before figuring out what all the settings were. I'll apologize for the harsh post but I still will stand by my belief that the manufacturer could do a much better job with the interface software.

Sorry if I offended. As they say your way, G'Day. As they say my way, "They elected WHO???"

Last edited:
I live in Aus but Im not an Aussie To assume is to make an ass out of u and me. ROFL
As a "programmer" I would have thought you would have a logical mind and therefore work through settings in a like manner. Obviously I am wrong.

1 is usually less than 10.

Yes have had some problems early on but worked through them with out publicly defaming the product.

Seems lots manage to work it out as while this is supposedly the most subscribed Dashcam forum there arent a huge proportion of users bleating about setting up the cameras. I will admit that BV have gone somewhat backwards with some parameters which were better on older models and certainly better on the old base model Power Magic..
Ive been around for a while as well First "Computer" was an Atari 400.

Last edited:
I just left the car in the garage for a couple hours with parking mode on and the settings as recommended by jeez. I left the light on in the garage as I believe TOTAL darkness creates noise that the camera sees as movement.
I think you've exactly hit on the problem. The 750 in particular has the low-light "enhancements" (quoted because from what I read, not really), which causes internal amplification of the received light to the point that the camera is seeing "snow", and the motion algorithm sees that as movement.
See if you have the low-light stuff enabled, and turn it off. You may also want to experiment with having a night-light or similar small light source in the camera's field of view (you may need one front & back), so that the camera focuses on that and doesn't try to amplify the darkness.
Not a solution, by any means, but will at least prove the theory.

Brad

The last two nights I left a clamp lamp turned on in the garage. I have a high efficency 27 watt bulb in it. I clamped it to a garage door opener and just left it on, pointed up at the ceiling. It was enough light that the recording mode did not activate at all. If I walked in front of the car, it picked me up and worked just fine. So, with that, I think that's one issue resolved. I may just leave the light on or just shut the PSP off. Not much goes on in my garage. If anyone breaks in, the alarm will trip anyway.

Strange, I have activated night vison and I don't have such an issue.

I have found that my DR650S-2ch will basically record full time in Parking mode....as there is always some little thing moving somewhere.....Birds, clouds, etc etc....
I have just shut off the sensitivity (0).....

Hopefully BV will fix this sensitivity issue soon..!!

Hopefully BV will fix this sensitivity issue soon..!!
Don't be holding your breath while waiting for that to happen. We.. the consumer are essentially a beta test group..and, our "issues" are dealt with by BV making a new model.. With of course.. a hike in the price from the last version. A fine business model for BV and we are fools to play the game.. but we do!

After testing different settings, I finally have the available options set to where they are "acceptable". Recording with the PSP works fine. The motion detection in the parked mode works if the car is parked in sufficient lighting. Even at night it works with most of the surrounding street lighting. If I park it in my garage, I just shut the switch on the PSP off and I don't worry about recording in my garage.

As for the image quality, it still kind of sucks. A previous poster mentioned 5 meters, which is about one car length. That said, if you are following the car ahead of you at a safe distance, you will not capture the license plate. There are a LOT of variables to video recording that are out of my control. Is the sun ahead of me or behind me, tree covered roads (in and out of shadows), cloudy, etc.

Watching some dashcam videos on YouTube, I see a lot of cameras with much better quality. Some with worse.

Back