Constant restarting!!!

I'm currently formatting the card using sd formatter set on overwrite format. Next, I'll test the speed again and if it improves, I'll try it in the camera

Last edited:
That speed is slow and as I posted, not unexpected for an endurance card from previous posts here.

Whatever they do to help extend the life of these cards does often kill speed.

Here is my Samsung card that is now 4 years old and still going strong with good speed :

ZQnmEfM.jpg

O24xllu.jpg

... and of course the important thing to note is "MB/s" and not "Mb/s" that some use to disguise the true speed.

Last edited:
I'm currently formatting the card using sd formatter set on overwrite format. Next, I'll test the speed again and if it improves, I'll try it in the camera
Let us know if the speeds improves. This did the trick for me.

The rear camera cable is not a simple wire. Transferring data is not assuring the cable is good. Did you checked the connector which is inside camera to see if it broken?

I don't think a Samsung Pro Endurance is considered a weak card. Plus, it doesn't turn the rear camera off. I have to manually unplug it to fix the restarting issue.
Damn, even the Samsung card is giving issues now? I'm still waiting on mine to arrive lol
I ran the tests I previously did plus another on my SanDisk High Endurance card.
Can someone let me know if these are good or bad results?

I went out last night and it kept restarting every 15 minutes, annoying to say the least.

Attachments

• sd01.PNG
    sd01.PNG
    6.7 KB · Views: 12
  • sd02.PNG
    sd02.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 11
  • sd03.PNG
    sd03.PNG
    23.5 KB · Views: 13
  • sd04.PNG
    sd04.PNG
    80.9 KB · Views: 13
Damn, even the Samsung card is giving issues now? I'm still waiting on mine to arrive lol
I ran the tests I previously did plus another on my SanDisk High Endurance card.
Can someone let me know if these are good or bad results?

I went out last night and it kept restarting every 15 minutes, annoying to say the least.
Well that speed is at least double mine but I can't say how good it is.

If the cam is still stop starting in the car then plug it into a home mobile phone wall charger. Might be worth checking that the mobile charger does push out at least 1.5A. My decade old HTC charger pushes out 1.5A and my newer Samsung chargers are 1.67A

That should rule in or out power and in or out the card. I'd leave it recording for at least 10 mins, then turn the socket off, let the cam power down then do the same again.

Then report back.

I finally got a Samsung Pro Endurance card (cancelled original order to wait for a better price)
Before using it, I've run the same tests as on the SanDisk Max Endurance.
The results are pretty much the same, I'm hoping it makes a difference in the camera tomorrow.

The packaging the card comes in says read speed 100 MB/s and write speed 40 MB/s.
How is the write speed going over 40 MB/s?

Attachments

• spe2.PNG
    spe2.PNG
    12.2 KB · Views: 7
  • spe1.PNG
    spe1.PNG
    6.8 KB · Views: 6
  • spe3.PNG
    spe3.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 6
  • spe4.PNG
    spe4.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 7
Some manufacturers advise against certain brands. I can only assume the way they work/write is different.

Update: since switching to the Samsung Pro Endurance on December 9th, I haven't had a single issue with restarting.
I know that's not anything concrete as it has only been a few days, but I'm optimistic.
Also I made an error on a few posts either here or on some previous threads.
I've been using a Sandisk High Endurance card, not MAX endurance. Apparently Viofo stated on another thread High endurance cards have issues.

Historically the endurance cards have had lower write speeds that can cause issues with the latest higher resolution dashcams and especially multi camera systems.

Hopefully the newer cards are faster.

That's why I was curious to know how the Samsung Pro Endurance which is rated for 40 MB/s write speed got 81 MB/s on CDM and 78 MB/s on Speedout in my testing.
I believe the Sandisk MAX Endurance is also rated at 40 MB/s.
Those speeds are able to match your EVO card although not officially on the packaging.

I know Nextbase have always advised against Sandisk in their dashcams. Something to do with the way they operate and in their testing Sandisk always failed.

There was a post here, years ago, from someone far more clever than me, that explained the different NAND write strategies. From that I realised that not all cards work the same way.

UPDATE:

I received the new rear camera and cable today and just for the heck of it, I plugged in the new rear camera using the original cable. I plugged the power wire back in the T130 and I heard "recording 3 channels started". So, it was the camera the entire time just as I suspected in the beginning. I guess I'll just keep the new cable as a back up just in case.

Last edited:
Nice that you were finally able to solve the issue

you would think that a car with 40 MB/s write speed are fine for a camera that tops write 10 - 20 MB/s, but thats often not the case.
Its one of the things that have perplexed me all the time i have been into dashcams.

I have some endurance cards that work fine most often, but thats the discontinued old version of the WD purple cards, and the sandisk high endurance, both as i recall have a 80 MB/s write speed.

The new PNY card i got ( XLR8 ), while the papers do not mention dashcam use it do say surveillance camera use, so i suppose it too have warranty when used in dashcams

CompatibilitySmartphones and tablets and portable gaming consoles, including Nintendo Switch® devices**, as well as action & surveillance cameras, drones, computers, etc.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E T130 1
Back