Constantly stopping and restarting

Jackosdad

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Nextbase 312 GW is just over a year a year old and has begun to switch off and on constantly.
I've tried three different power cables and replaced the SD card twice but it still happens. The latest card is a Sandisk Class 10 32GB, sold as "for the Nextbase 312 GW "
I have taken the power supply out of the GPS port and plugged it into the DC In port and this has stopped the rebooting issue.
It hasn't cured the underlying problem though so does anyone, please have any suggestions.

I appreciate your response jokiin but it has never run on anything other than the power supply.
Is the battery accessible

Thanks. I'll have a look in a day or so.

I thought that, regardless of battery condition, if it's connected to a stable 12v supply during driving then it should run OK. I wouldn't expect the battery to die after only a year, that's below the 300 to 500 full recharge cycles expected

You haven't got a car with stop/start have you ?

I thought that, regardless of battery condition, if it's connected to a stable 12v supply during driving then it should run OK.

Not if a failing battery now has too much resistance. The limited power going into the cam has to serve both cam operation and battery charging, so if charging is taking too much power there's not going to be enough left for the cam.

Phil

I thought that, regardless of battery condition, if it's connected to a stable 12v supply during driving then it should run OK. I wouldn't expect the battery to die after only a year, that's below the 300 to 500 full recharge cycles expected

You haven't got a car with stop/start have you ?
No. I had a car with that feature and made sure this car didn't have it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 312GW 37