Contacted Pittasoft about DR400G-HD-II..

Agilis

Reaction score
Hello,

I registered simply to post that when I contacted Pittasoft about there not being an official English firmware release for said camera model, they responded with:

"First of all thank you for vivid interest in our products.

We are providing English firmware only official distributor.
Please contact your seller to get the firmware."

When I complained that this was unacceptable... They asked for my S/N which I gave them. Their response:

"Thank you for letting us know your serial number.

We checked your serial number.
We are sorry to inform that your unit is produced as Korean version for domestic market.
It might be distributed by unauthorized reseller.

We are providing English firmware only official distributor. We cannot give you any warranty and maintenance support against the parallel exported and unauthorized products through was sold on all of global on-line markets. (www.amazon.com and www.ebay.com etc..) So, you have to ask the replacement or refund to the seller or shop where you purchased.

We are truly sorry to have let you down.

Sincerely,
Pittasoft support team"

So there goes that option. I figured I'd contact Pittasoft because I spent this entire day trying to get my v1.0.40 DR400 HD 2 to function as an HD 2. You know, I bought a Season 2, it should work as a Season 2. Well it just would not work. Following everything, and anything possible. Reformatting SD Card, Loading 1010K, replacing key files in 1010K, changing language declaration, etc. etc.

I could not get passed "Model version is different" whenever I tried to use 400GII as the model number in Version.bin. So I gave up.

Quite frustrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucks, Pittasoft is shooting themselves in the foot for the stupidest reasons. Why the hell don't they put the firmware online? They know that most of their **** is sold on ebay and most of those sellers aren't authorized. They are still making money from those sales. Maybe they should avoid selling these dashcams in bulk to unauthorized dealers, if they want them to be only sold by authorized dealers.

I understand that under some circumstances its good to have a product dealer but for firmware? Come-on

Don't buy pittasoft again, buy a camera based 1. Quality 2. Product support, none of which Pittasoft offers.

i very much doubt I will be getting a pittasoft camera again.

I connected to Pittasoft too and i got the same answer.
It's stupid, according pittasoft half the world bought their products for the Korean market even though no warning and no labeling of nowhere. CE labeling is on my device, that enables free movement within the European market. In addition pittasoft not have online serial number verification system.

I am very disappointed in this company.

Maybe someone can share original "Top Secret" DR400G HD V2 firmware V1.014E (English).

Thanks in advance.

I just found this for DR400G-HD not v2

DR400G-HD

English V1.040

Code:
http://www.blackvue.co.kr/en/common/downloadHIT.asp?downfile=DR400G-HD_v1.040E(2012_0417)_Setup.exe&path=board&idx=870&sort=0

Back