Continuous beeping on A119 V3?

I agree, these days you need a minimum of U3 with the higher write speeds.

My dashcam is writing circa 500Mb in 3 minute chunks and that needs a capable card.

Am I the only one using Viofo MLC cards?
Reliable and quite fast. Shame a bit they only have a 1 year warranty. I may test them with hwtest soon.

I am having the same beeping issue with my dash cam which I believe only started once the 128GB SanDisk High Endurance Micro SDXC Class 10 card (see photo below) got full. Sometimes, it goes away after a single click on the on/off button, though there are times that I need to press more than once. I think, this is an issue brought about by the sd card even though it's a high endurance type already and that testing it with h2w showed it to be legit. I resorted to Sandisk because even if I like to get Samsung PRO Endurance one, I cannot find one in my country that came from what I believe are legit sellers. Anyway, I am planning to replace card soon to see if it is indeed the culprit. I will come back for any updates that I may have once I've done that.

Shopee_a7729c341dd4afa73dd686c6af2ba97d.jpg

Unfortunately Sandisk do seem to have compatibility issues with some dashcams.

Stage 1 is to connect it to a PC via a USB3 port and use one of the SDcard testers to see what its read/write speed actually is.

I have another suspect. it could be the gps mount. I tried connecting it to an AC socket in my house and it's recording fine for about an hour with no issues. i will try to connect the usb cable directly to the camera body tomorrow. I will send you updates of what I'll find.

I purchase the 128GB Samsung Evo plus MicroSD (MB-MC128GA/CA ) which solved the problem

Whilst, on paper, the slower cards should work, in practice the faster cards have solved quite a few of these issues.

A good U3 endurance card is probably the way to go and personally, when my 2 year old Samsung starts plsying up, I'll be avoiding Sandisk. Too many bad reports about incompatibility.

I have another suspect. it could be the gps mount. I tried connecting it to an AC socket in my house and it's recording fine for about an hour with no issues. i will try to connect the usb cable directly to the camera body tomorrow. I will send you updates of what I'll find.

nope, not the mount. i am waiting for the samsung pro endurance to be available in my country and will replace the sandisk card. after all that i've done, i am leaning to believe that it is a compatibility issue. whenever it happens, i just reformat the disk (via the dash cam) and the issue suddenly went away.

I am having similar issues here. I have a viofo a119 v3 hardwired using the hardwire kit set to 12.2v. I also use parking mode set to low bitrate recording. During the first few months of ownership I had no issues with the dash cam and suddenly it has begun to beep randomly. Sometimes it beeps just once and other times it stops recording entirely and beeps nonstop. There is never an error message when this happens. I have even gone as far to increase the screensaver option to try and catch the possible error message popping up. I have been reluctant to post on the forum, but after buying a brand new card and testing it as it has been recommended on this forum, I am out of options aside from formatting every time it beeps at me.

Other details:
1. First card purchased that has the issue is the newly recommended Sandisk 128gb high endurance.
2. Tested the Sandisk and it checks out.
3. 2nd card purchased is the Samsung 128gb evo select which is supposedly the evo+ rebadged for Amazon.
4. 2nd card has been tested and it also checks out.
5. Both cards have been purchased from Amazon making sure the vendor was Amazon as well.
6. Problem persists regardless if I record as mp4 or ts. (thought this was worth mentioning)
7. No car issues like a dead battery.
8. I have used both the port on the dashcam itself as well as the gps mount, both have the same outcome.

I can only imagine the Samsung microsd will have the same issue as the Sandisk considering both passed the h2testw. Is there anything else I am missing? I have formatted the Sandisk at least 3 times now in the dashcam itself. I will report back if I experience the same issue with the Samsung.

As a brief test, drop the resolution and bitrate to a less demanding setting. Say 720 and low. That may reveal whether the card is a bottleneck.

I'm running 1440 and high using a Samsung 128Gb Evo and I've never had any issues.

Do you remember what the write speed was reported as ?

My Sammy card is reporting 60.496 MB/s, details here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/fake-sdcards.36509/

I am having similar issues here. I have a viofo a119 v3 hardwired using the hardwire kit set to 12.2v. I also use parking mode set to low bitrate recording. During the first few months of ownership I had no issues with the dash cam and suddenly it has begun to beep randomly. Sometimes it beeps just once and other times it stops recording entirely and beeps nonstop. There is never an error message when this happens. I have even gone as far to increase the screensaver option to try and catch the possible error message popping up. I have been reluctant to post on the forum, but after buying a brand new card and testing it as it has been recommended on this forum, I am out of options aside from formatting every time it beeps at me.

Other details:
1. First card purchased that has the issue is the newly recommended Sandisk 128gb high endurance.
2. Tested the Sandisk and it checks out.
3. 2nd card purchased is the Samsung 128gb evo select which is supposedly the evo+ rebadged for Amazon.
4. 2nd card has been tested and it also checks out.
5. Both cards have been purchased from Amazon making sure the vendor was Amazon as well.
6. Problem persists regardless if I record as mp4 or ts. (thought this was worth mentioning)
7. No car issues like a dead battery.
8. I have used both the port on the dashcam itself as well as the gps mount, both have the same outcome.

I can only imagine the Samsung microsd will have the same issue as the Sandisk considering both passed the h2testw. Is there anything else I am missing? I have formatted the Sandisk at least 3 times now in the dashcam itself. I will report back if I experience the same issue with the Samsung.
Test cam using the supplied 12V car adapter and Viofo USB power cable. You won’t have parking mode, but it’s a good test to rule out the hardwire kit.

Sorry about bumping this, but I just got my A119 V3.

So if it's recording and I press the REC button to stop it then the never ending beeping is intentional?

Yes thats just signaling that it really want to get on recording in case something happen, in this way a dashcam is like a overprotective mother.

the SD card i have is a Lexar 633x 64GB I have formatted over 20 times and sometime right after formatting it will start beeping again. I have reset the camera settings. I have not tried updating the camera and i don't know how?
When Lexar sold it's memory division some years ago changes were made to their sd cards. People started having issues with them in dashcams of all kinds at that point so folks here on DCT generally don't recommend Lexar today.

Phil

Get a Samsung Evo Plus card and take that out of the equation.

Back