Continuous recording in Normal mode (BlackVue dr750s)

hum0555

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had the BlackVue dr750s - 2 channel professionally installed with the BlackVue Power Magic Ultra Battery Pack B-124X. When I view the Normal recordings in the app in BlackVue Wi-Fi, I noticed Normal mode recording is constantly recording every minute even though the car is parked in my garage. Normal mode is turned on and sensitivity is set to 1-1-1. Parking mode recording is set to motion and detection (and works). The Firmware version is v1.017. Is this expected with this camera?

Very simple. The sensitivity is so ridiculously sensitive that literally everything will que it up. Very disappointed myself.

No, 1 is lower sensitivity.
But you have to consider that parking mode activates 5 minutes after stopping the car.

Your first post seem to contradict.
Normal mode recording is constantly recording every minute even though the car is parked in my garage
and
Parking mode recording is set to motion and detection (and works)
If Normal mode is constantly recording (i.e. All recording filenames are tagged with a 'N' and no 'P' tags), how do you know that parking mode motion detection works (after the car has been stationary for 5 mins? Or is there something that I don't understand here?

Incidentally, I have my Normal Mode G sensor sensitivity set to 0-1-1 as this cuts out a lot of "E" recordings made by going over potholes (or don't you have those in Fla?). Any collision or knock will surely give large L/R and or Front/Back readings.

@hill OP is using motion detection in Parking mode, not the G sensors.

I see a lot of these misconfigured settings for G-sensors: you shouldn't use 0 as a normal sensor-mode. Either go for 1 or higher. 0 will be making the cam awake all time despite of the "lowest setting" for G-sensor in Normal mode.

My own config is
2-2-3 on N-mode
and
8-8-8 on P-mode

For my DR650 this is
20-20-30 on N-mode
and
85-85-86 on P-mode.

Motionsensor = 6

Works like a charm...

Thanks everyone for your input...

Today, the camera is working as I expected it to work. :confused:

When I wrote this thread, all of the recordings were tagged with NF and NR for 8 hours (every 1 minute) while the car was parked in my garage. There were no PF or PR tagged files.

Today, Normal recording only occurred while driving the car. Since the car has been parked in the garage, only PF and PR tag files are getting generated.

I honestly don't know what happened to fix it. I did power the unit off and remove the SSD card. Then put the card back in and powered on. Maybe that was the fix?

A power cycle often clears 'faults'

Back