Controlling parking mode with key fob

WinWiz

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
So I want to make my door locks engage and disengage the parking mode -so my 750x plus will enter parking mode when I lock my car (manually or with the remote key fob) and exit parking mode when I unlock my car...
I believe I can accomplish this with a single coil bistable relay controlled by the +/- 12V operating the door lock motors.
So the relay will output 12V to the dashcams acc wire when my doors are unlocked and break this connection when I lock my car.
Any reason not to control parking mode this way?

May be technically possible, but why would you want to?

If the cam is properly wired to support parking mode, it will enter normal recording mode as soon as you start the car, and enter parking mode almost as soon as you shut down the engine.

Seems like a lot of work for not a lot of gain.

May be technically possible, but why would you want to?

If the cam is properly wired to support parking mode, it will enter normal recording mode as soon as you start the car, and enter parking mode almost as soon as you shut down the engine.

Seems like a lot of work for not a lot of gain.
When parking mode is controlled the normal way with acc power I get false warnings about impact detected every time I close my door and again every time I enter my car.
If I lower the impact sensitivity other people can bump into my car without the cam noticing. So this makes parking mode pretty useless for me -and parking mode impact detection was my main purpose purchasing a dashcam.
Considering the several hundred hours spent customizing my car a single relay doesn't seem like a lot of work for a function I really want.

When parking mode is controlled the normal way with acc power I get false warnings about impact detected every time I close my door and again every time I enter my car.
If I lower the impact sensitivity other people can bump into my car without the cam noticing. So this makes parking mode pretty useless for me -and parking mode impact detection was my main purpose purchasing a dashcam.
Considering the several hundred hours spent customizing my car a single relay doesn't seem like a lot of work for a function I really want.

Ah, I see.

I'll be interested in seeing if this works. Good luck with it.

So I want to make my door locks engage and disengage the parking mode -so my 750x plus will enter parking mode when I lock my car (manually or with the remote key fob) and exit parking mode when I unlock my car...
I believe I can accomplish this with a single coil bistable relay controlled by the +/- 12V operating the door lock motors.
So the relay will output 12V to the dashcams acc wire when my doors are unlocked and break this connection when I lock my car.
Any reason not to control parking mode this way?

I'm very interested in your idea, albiet for a different reason.

I would like a push toggle button to turn parking mode on, only if the car is already off and I can turn park mode off in one of two ways, 1.) pressing the button again or 2.) it auto turns off when I start the car ( does not auto turn on when I turn the car off, will need to press the button again)

Is that idea doable? Quicker than going into options on the phone to enable/disable parking mode.

I assume dash cam draws power from "on" when car is running and draws power from "acc" when in parking mode? I would think I could re-direct the dashcam "acc" wire to the button which then has the wire connected to "acc" not sure how to get it to toggle off and stay off once I start the car.

I'm very interested in your idea, albiet for a different reason.

I would like a push toggle button to turn parking mode on, only if the car is already off and I can turn park mode off in one of two ways, 1.) pressing the button again or 2.) it auto turns off when I start the car ( does not auto turn on when I turn the car off, will need to press the button again)

Is that idea doable? Quicker than going into options on the phone to enable/disable parking mode.

I assume dash cam draws power from "on" when car is running and draws power from "acc" when in parking mode? I would think I could re-direct the dashcam "acc" wire to the button which then has the wire connected to "acc" not sure how to get it to toggle off and stay off once I start the car.
Anything is possible -just a matter of how many resources you can/will spend on it...

Do you want the cam to enter "normal mode" when you turn parking mode off -Or do you want the cam truly off?

You say that you want to turn parking mode off in one of two ways. Do you need both ways or would it be ok if only one of the two ways worked?

In cars acc is only on (+12V) when key is in position acc or on. So when parked acc is off (0V). So cam draws power from constant +12V line (battery) in parking mode.

Ah I see. The way you say it, it means cannot just cut off ACC. So it either the whole dash cam on or off.

I wanted the ability to enable parking mode on or off via a push of a button is all.

Reason I asked is because I cannot connect to Wi-Fi and have bluetooth available for CarPlay, so I have to waste time disconnecting from bluetooth and connect to WiFi to dash cam just to enable/disable parking mode and then do that again and then enable bluetooth in order to use CarPlay....everytime I want it on. No point having it on at home or work as that would be over 16 hours minimum per day....

Next best workaround would to have a USB wifi dongle with sim slot and just connect to dashcam via the cloud (if there is the same set of control options via cloud as it is via connect dashcam wifi) and suggest to Blackvue about adding a enable/disable parking mode short cut button to the bunch of buttions that says "cloud" "wifi" "internal memory" for fast on off access.

I control my 750x with a 3 way switch button like attached pic.
So position 1 enables normal driving mode (p mode off), position 0 turns cam off and position 3 enables parking mode.
Is this functionality what you need?

Attachments

• t-02620064.jpg
    t-02620064.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 13
Ok, I set up cloud and it is all working.

I managed to find options, so all good now!

Last edited:
Interesting thread.. not to hijack it but in a similar vein.
I have my DR900x-plus wired with the parking mode wiring kit. Supplying the camera with direct 12v when the key is out and from the ACC circuit. BUT.. I don’t trust the low voltage cutoff, so have parking mode turned off in the settings. However, to turn it on for a couple of hours is a bit of a hassle.

So, short of getting a battery pack would a simple of/on switch in the constant power supply work? Leaving the parking mode setting in “on” and toggle my switch as needed.

Or.. is there some kinky internal electronic algorithms that detect/switch sources depending on the power supplied. As I recall the original Power Magic that came with my 650 had logic like that and required a voltage from the battery to reset the ACC supply.. or something.. twas not straight forward and confused a lot of folk.

Thank you for your time

Interesting thread.. not to hijack it but in a similar vein.
I have my DR900x-plus wired with the parking mode wiring kit. Supplying the camera with direct 12v when the key is out and from the ACC circuit. BUT.. I don’t trust the low voltage cutoff, so have parking mode turned off in the settings. However, to turn it on for a couple of hours is a bit of a hassle.

So, short of getting a battery pack would a simple of/on switch in the constant power supply work? Leaving the parking mode setting in “on” and toggle my switch as needed.

Or.. is there some kinky internal electronic algorithms that detect/switch sources depending on the power supplied. As I recall the original Power Magic that came with my 650 had logic like that and required a voltage from the battery to reset the ACC supply.. or something.. twas not straight forward and confused a lot of folk.

Thank you for your time
I use a 3 way toggle button with my hardwired 750x plus. So button position 1 turns the cam completely off. Setting 2 enables normal mode and setting 3 enables normal mode + parking mode.
Works perfectly. (except for the open/closing door triggering event issue -but this is not related to the switch)

I use a 3 way toggle button with my hardwired 750x plus. So button position 1 turns the cam completely off. Setting 2 enables normal mode and setting 3 enables normal mode + parking mode.
Works perfectly. (except for the open/closing door triggering event issue -but this is not related to the switch)
I like your idea. Could you show a quick wiring sketch and the type of switch SPDT DPDT.

The cameras i have tested parking guard on, have a select able XX second delay in the hand over to parking guard, so you have time to exit and slam the door before it go to parking guard.
But that do not also go for returning to the car and getting in it and starting it, or even worse put something in the trunk first and then get in and start it.

IMO i can not be bothered with switches, but maybe that change when i later in the year get to test a full blow smart camera.

Back