Convert BlackVue Power Magic EZ to mini USB/MicroUSB

Chris Carr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DDpai mini 2 Gloss Black
Hi All
A mate of mine gave me his Blackvue power magic Ez OBd2 adapter as he was not using it. I dont have a Blackview camera but was wondering is there anyway to use and adapter to convert it to mini usb?

Thanks in advance

Hi Bpsmicro

I was looking for something more simpler like I can plug on to the end of the to convert it to mini usb but I dont know the dimensions of the barrel of the blackview barrel. Also it could be a cable with the correct connections on the end. ( blackview barrel female to mini usb male)
TDC-55-21-female-to-mini-usb-90-degrees-power-adapter-plug-Free-shipping.jpgDC-55-21-female-to-mini-usb-90-degrees-power-adapter-plug-Free-shipping.jpg

Thanks

The voltage output of the barrel connector is 12v. Use that adapter without down-converting to 5v, and you'll let the smoke out of whatever device you plug it into.

Oh right.
I did not know BV cameras have 12V requirement and I thought this OBD2 connector reduced it to 5V Hence why I thought it was as simple as an adaptor. My bad
Thanks for the advice. Rather than trying to convert it for a couple of bucks (Adapter) i will look at other OBD2 power options that reduce to 5V as I rather liked the timed option that you can set rather than setting it for low voltage.

Thanks again for advice Bpsmicro

The voltage output of the barrel connector is 12v. Use that adapter without down-converting to 5v, and you'll let the smoke out of whatever device you plug it into.
it's often misunderstood that electronics actually run on smoke, once the smoke comes out they no longer work :p

You gotta be jokin [emoji23]
Quite serious, when I worked in retail we had a repairer that looked after all the low end junk and we'd send repairs with problems as described by the customer, one radio that was sent had the fault listed as 'smoke came out, no longer working' the radio came back fixed and the technicians report said 'replaced smoke, tested ok'

Back