Converting to English Firmware

wozzzzza

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Worked GREAT. here's what I did in my own words incase others are a bit confused about the other steps.

1. go here and download the English 1.005E original firmware http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/ ... t-in-Wi-Fi
2. Format an SD card in Fat32 format
3. Double click .exe file in the zip file in the downloaded file from Step 1. and install it onto the card following prompts
4. Put SD Card in the camera and wait for a couple of minutes, It will say "version information is different"
5. Now turn camera off and take SD card out and put it in computer
6. Go to the config folder and in the "version.bin" file change the Words in both places from "English" to "Korea" NOT Korean
7. Put SD card back in the camera, power it up and it will upgrade then say "Version information is different" again
8. Turn off camera again and take the SD card out and put in computer
9. Go to the config folder again and in the "version.bin" file change the Words in both places from "Korea" to "English"
10. Put SD card back in the camera, power it up, it will upgrade then restart and that's it, you have English voices from then on.

Thanks to Mio and Hillbilly and the others who have helped work this out. Works great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Pittasoft BlackVue DR500GW-HD English Firmware

Thanks to Mio and Hillbilly and the others who have helped work this out. Works great.[/quote]

In actual fact I made a mistake

What the correct method is This, in this order UPDATE UPDATE
THIS THREAD PREDATES 1.008E so use 1.005E to change language

Go here and download the English 1.005E original firmware https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing
2. Format an SD card in Fat32 format Suggest you use the SD FORMATTER from here http://blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.as ... searchstr=
3. Double click .exe file in the zip file in the downloaded file from Step 1. and install it onto the card following the prompts
4. Go to the config folder and in the "version.bin" file change the Words in both places from "English" to "Korea" NOT Korean Save and Exit
5. Put SD card in the camera, power it up and it will upgrade then say "Version information is different"
6. Turn off camera and take the SD card out and put in computer
7. Go to the config folder again and in the "version.bin" file change the Words in both places from "Korea" to "English" Save and Exit
8. Put SD card back in the camera, power it up, it will upgrade then restart and that's it, you have English voices from then on.

The first post you made with included instructions was correct and is the same as I have just written.

However using the extra steps you achieved the same result

hi, would like to check the following:

currently on 1.02 korean firmware.
when i follow above step, nothing happens.

do i need to update to 1.05 korean firmware first before applying above step?

thanks.

jasonong said:

thanks.
NO You have done something wrong as that works absolutely Post exactly what you have done and where things went wrong

1,002 outdated firmware, preferably upgraded to 1,003

Mio said:
1,002 outdated firmware, preferably upgraded to 1,003

Mine updated from 1.002 Ok as the next version wasnt out then

Hillbilly said:
jasonong said:

thanks.
NO You have done something wrong as that works absolutely Post exactly what you have done and where things went wrong

ok. have downloaded the firmware above the post.
installed into my sd card.
after finish installation, put in the sd card for DR500 to initialize.
put there was some prompt in korean. assuming it was firmware error.
change from english to korea
put into 500 again with the same prompt in korean voice.
change from korea to english
still the same korean voice but nothing was change.

jasonong said:
Hillbilly said:
jasonong said:

thanks.

Did you Format the SD card before doing anything After you install it you should edit it before putting it in camera You have to "SAVE" it before exiting Notepad
It should update and say Version info........ETC
Re edit the version bin Save it and put it in the camera It should finish updating and be in English
I have just put the Korean version back on a card and it does everything correctly

Hillbilly said:
jasonong said:
Hillbilly said:

Did you Format the SD card before doing anything After you install it you should edit it before putting it in camera You have to "SAVE" it before exiting Notepad
Re edit the version bin Save it and put it in the camera It should finish updating and be in English
I have just put the Korean version back on a card and it does everything correctly

yes. i chose default allocation size. unless there is a specific size i should choose.
i will try again and post result...

still the same korean voice but nothing was change.[/quote]

I have just put the Korean version back on a card and it does everything correctly[/quote]

yes. i chose default allocation size. unless there is a specific size i should choose.
i will try again and post result...[/quote]

Default size is fine

alright... finally got the update working...

you have to use the sd formatter to format the card.
using the standard pc formatter will not do the job...

the file allocation is different.... hope this helps....

jasonong said:

Probably helps but have formatted several on the PC OK As long as you got it working

Hillbilly said:
jasonong said:

Probably helps but have formatted several on the PC OK As long as you got it working

thanks for the help.
really appreciate your assistance.

mitsui said:
Hi there~~

I cannot find the link of the original English firmware in that link posted which is just a selling dr500 website....
http://www.soltechsecurity.com/P/D/186/ ... t-in-Wi-Fi\

Seems they have removed It so will upload it for you now Have amended my original post.

Here it is https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&au ... U9FWEZWWlE

Also have 1.007 here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Viewer ver 2.033 here https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

Can anyone verify if version 1.007 works for Korea set but changed to English firmware version 1.005?

ttimothy74 said:
Can anyone verify if version 1.007 works for Korea set but changed to English firmware version 1.005?

It is in English its 1007E

Guys, I've got 1.008 Korean version. Followed instructions in this thread, but no matter what I do, still get "version information is different". I tried to format card with sdformatter (full (erase)), installed 1.008E, changed English to Korea, upgrade starts. Once done, I hear "version information is different". Tried to change back to English, but, again "version information is different". The only option that worked for me is Korean 1.008 firmware with 1.008 english software, but then I do not have voice from camera at all (not a big deal, but annoying) Any creative ideas how to fix it? I did follow instructions in this thread step by step.

keeprunning said:
Guys, I've got 1.008 Korean version. Followed instructions in this thread, but no matter what I do, still get "version information is different". I tried to format card with sdformatter (full (erase)), installed 1.008E, changed English to Korea, upgrade starts. Once done, I hear "version information is different". Tried to change back to English, but, again "version information is different". The only option that worked for me is Korean 1.008 firmware with 1.008 english software, but then I do not have voice from camera at all (not a big deal, but annoying) Any creative ideas how to fix it? I did follow instructions in this thread step by step.

You didnt follow the instructions as it says to do it with 1.005E then you can upgrade to 1.008E.

Use my instructions in reply 1 as it has less steps but does the same thing as Wozzzzzas

This thread predated the release of 1.008 so do what it says and it will work.

I have never tried it with 1.008 and have seen that you cant downgrade to 1.005 from 8 so dont know what you can do

1.005 should be here https://drive.google.com/?usp=folder&au ... U9FWEZWWlE

Back