Converting to English Firmware

The SD port on my computer doesn't work. So if I just want to edit the language of my DR380 HD can I stick the SD card in any device (digital camera for example) and edit the language and then stick the SD card back in the camera? Or does it have to be in the camera when you edit the language?

The SD port on my computer doesn't work. So if I just want to edit the language of my DR380 HD can I stick the SD card in any device (digital camera for example) and edit the language and then stick the SD card back in the camera? Or does it have to be in the camera when you edit the language?

it should come with a USB card reader, pictured in the ad from your seller

The instructions in this thread relate primarily to the 500 if you read from the start of the thread

Start a 1st reply (Mine) as the link in the Original Post doesn't work The one in mine does .

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY

Last edited:
Bad me for my typo. I am talking about DR550GW not 500...
Thanks for ur feedback bro.

In that case the answer is NO Look in the 55o threads for how to do it via Telnet

I downloaded the firmware Version 1.011 German for blackvue 500 from http://www.blackvue.com/en/contents/sub3.asp.
My device had an english firmware before. I followed all steps on page on.
I changed from German to English after install in windows.
The device said, its updateting dont remove.
After finishing the update.
It still keep to say Version information is differen (in German) please help me i didnt know how to fix this

Last edited:
Purchased a BlackVue DR500GW-HD from Korea, with Korean firmware and player. Read the forums and soon found out I couldn’t down grade from 1.008k to 1.005k then over to 1.005e then 1.008e.So I had a play and changed the version to 1008e manually as shown in earlier threads and realised I lost all voices not the end of the world I thought, then when I put the cd card into my laptop the blackvue player didn’t recognise my cd card so I changed the stock player version from 2.035 to 2.032 and bingo. Then I had all the led’s on the camera flashing, I knew this would be telling me different version in a loop but I had no voices so nothing audible so I disabled all the led’s on the player and that was it, I now only have the blue gps led on.
Hope this help you.

I can deal with the Korean language. I can just look at the LED to see what mode it's in if I have to.

On another note, I have my DR380 HD hardwire with Power Magic Pro and have it set to shut off at 11.8v. It seems like it only lasts about 4 hours before the LED on the Power Magic Pro is off as well as the camera. Why would it only last 4 hours?

1. GPS will work if he honors what it needs to do: http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?topic=257.0
2. This pixelation that occurs often when driving past the trees and vegetation. Because of the low bit rate specified by the manufacturer. This problem is at all.
Other questions to ask on the forum: http://car-dvr.info/forum/index.php?board=13.0
There are qualified and experienced users and creators of custom firmware.
We will gladly answer all your questions. Almost all use DVRs brand BlackVue.

9c54c217e684.png

Back