Correct focus Mini3 lense

ToyotaDriver

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I'm the owner of two DDPai Mini 3 dash cameras (among others) and have noticed one is not focussed as well as the other. The camera of concern has its' focus set way too near for my liking.

I've read many posts of people having similar problems with a variety of dashcams (from Mini 0805p through to some Blackvue products) and have corrected the focus by opening them up and making some adjustments.

I'm just wondering if anyone has had one of these apart? I'm guessing the lense cover may pop off and adjustments could possibly be made.

I understand there may be some glue to remove and the risks involved but I'd like to give it a go... eBay seller is being less than helpful in doing a return on it.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thought I'd update my earlier post on how I got on with correcting the focus on the Mini3.

It was easier than I had thought. I've attached five photos that give a bit of an idea on what I did. Hopefully this is of help to anyone that notices a similar problem and finds the "warranty" to be a bit of a buzz word with no substance.

With the camera disassembled I carefully powered it up using a power bank and tweaked the focus whilst monitoring the live feed on my tablet. It definitely made a vast improvement.

I have noticed that the very left of my videos are out of focus a bit but the improvement to how it focuses in front of my car is a relief.

With the lack of comprehension or response to the GPS timezone issue I had on the M4 and then the focus being poorly calibrated on this unit (coupled with the incredibly low bitrate that other users are noticing) I'll likely not purchase another DDpai camera. It's a shame as I find the camera to be reliable with a simple park mode that just works.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    475.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg