Corrupt (freezing) video on Biker Pro

tzoykas

Reaction score
Country
Greece
Hello

I have come up to a curious problem with my Biker Pro. I have it on loop recording (2 min) clips. Many of the clips are corrupted and by corrupted I mean that they end before the 2 min period, and there is no video recorded. It's not blank/black but the recording freezes at a still picture. Until the moment it resumes recording it's as if the camera does not record video at all (reflected in recorded time as well) but the sound is recorded properly while the picture is frozen. Since the camera records sound from the main unit and not the lens it means that the problem is on the bullet lens, not in the main unit. I have two cameras on different bikes and the same has happened on the other bike as well (but not with the same frequency). I also think it happens after the card is full and the camera starts to overwrite the clips but I cannot be 100% sure about this. I suspect that the vibrations of the bike somehow destroy the video but it's a (very) long shot. Both microSD cards have been thoroughly tested for defects and none was found. Both cameras have the latest firmware installed (BP2016071501).

Has anybody else experienced this?
Thanks

they have had some problems with these, they lose connection from the lens cable, sounds like you might have the same

Thanks for the reply.

However, both cams come with the new, supposedly robust fixing. I cannot find any play in the connection. It looks like the cable is very tight and doesn't move around. I'll double check anyway.

Any other feedback will be appreciated.

the connection on these is problematic, it's a design problem and maybe something you can't improve unfortunately

Back